Wild Card Watch 2015

BigHurt3515

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
The Royals are getting stomped by the horribly slumping Indians. Hopefully that sends KC into a tailspin and the Sox can come back and take the division. Yea, wishful thinking I know.

Left handed batters and Jeremy Guthrie just don't mix

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:11 PM)
McCutchen singled to right, Ishikawa scored, Decker to second, Decker to third McCutchen to second on throwing error by right fielder Rosario.McCutchen and Decker scored on error by third baseman Núñez.

The good old little league homerun. I'm sure we all had a few of those back in our younger days.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

What the hell was Nunez doing there?

Twins playing really tentatively now...maybe playing not to lose, worried about making the out at 3rd and almost got caught in between.

Hurdle with the quick hook, let's hope he doesn't wait until it's a tie game to utilize Melancon this time.

So are we happy that Verlander's actually starting to pitch as well as he has in the last two years?

That start might have been enough to give them confidence that Verlander and Price can hold them in it...it's three consecutive pretty good starts, the velocity's a lot better, the curveball wasn't as strong but that's always a feel pitch and will return eventually as long as he's got the crispness on his hard stuff.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:11 PM)
McCutchen singled to right, Ishikawa scored, Decker to second, Decker to third McCutchen to second on throwing error by right fielder Rosario.McCutchen and Decker scored on error by third baseman Núñez.

Can't wait to see that on the Not Top Ten.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
So are we happy that Verlander's actually starting to pitch as well as he has in the last two years?

That start might have been enough to give them confidence that Verlander and Price can hold them in it...it's three consecutive pretty good starts, the velocity's a lot better, the curveball wasn't as strong but that's always a feel pitch and will return eventually as long as he's got the crispness on his hard stuff.

Their other three starters are still hot garbage though, I'd be very happy if Detroit doesn't sell, I'm not worried about them at all and I'd rather they didn't get good young players for Soria/Price/Cespedes.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:24 PM)
Their other three starters are still hot garbage though, I'd be very happy if Detroit doesn't sell, I'm not worried about them at all and I'd rather they didn't get good young players for Soria/Price/Cespedes.

They just indicated they are looking to sell. That team is a tire fire looking at pretty much their worst case scenario. Sanchez has been mediocre; Miggy is injured, Verlander is up and down, the bullpen is a disaster and their two big assets Price and Cespedes are in the final year of their deals and they have zero leverage because it's looking more and more like "they have to" sell.

Since their hot start they have basically been the worst team in the AL over the last 3 months.