Shades of 2000?

southsider2k5

That hadn't occurred to me. I think the 2000 run was a lot more impressive, as it came against much better competition, including an eventual 90-win Tribe team and a first place Yankees club. Also, the 2000 team was already something to be excited over before that happened.

62 06-12-2000 at Cleveland Indians 8-7 W 38-24

63 06-13-2000 at Cleveland Indians 4-3 W 39-24

64 06-14-2000 at Cleveland Indians 11-4 W 40-24

65 06-15-2000 at New York Yankees 12-3 W 41-24

66 06-16-2000 at New York Yankees 3-1 W 42-24

67 06-17-2000 at New York Yankees 10-9 W 43-24

68 06-18-2000 at New York Yankees 17-4 W 44-24

don't stop get it get it

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)
1983 second half where the Sox were darn near unbeatable and the rest of the division needed binoculars to see the Sox taillights up ahead

that was pretty funny....

sad thing is i remember the series, oh man i thought the sox was going to win it all

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 11:06 AM)
This run reminds me of the 2000 White Sox who had the big 8 game winning streak on the road, which pretty well put away the 2000 divisional title.

Anyone else?

No. We've seen the pattern when they get close to or slightly above .500 they tank. August is usually mental midget month. This is when they get owned by teams they should beat.

I want to be so wrong on this.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 07:41 PM)
No. We've seen the pattern when they get close to or slightly above .500 they tank. August is usually mental midget month. This is when they get owned by teams they should beat.

I want to be so wrong on this.

Yep. I want to be wrong, too. But the pattern makes me wary. I know if they immediately fall eight below .500 again after this good stretch, I'm going to go insane.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 12:06 PM)
This run reminds me of the 2000 White Sox who had the big 8 game winning streak on the road, which pretty well put away the 2000 divisional title.

Anyone else?

The difference is that in 2000, that winning streak put them 8 games up in the division and they basically never looked back. This winning streak hasn't even gotten them to .500 (yet).

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 08:39 PM)
Reminds me of 2003 where we finally put away the royals with a 4 game sweep in august. I think we may do same to Twins, but I still can't believe we can make playoffs.

i am being very serious about this.

i like the old memories ..... real nice.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 10:06 AM)

Anyone else?

Seven glorious days in June, I called it. Part of that was a sweep at yankee stadium, IIRC. And Cleveland, too, I think.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

Can somebody ask one of the Sox beat writers on Twitter this question or give me the answer?

If Sox would have won tonight, they would have swept two straight four-game series. My question is: Would that have been the first time in Sox history the team has won two straight four-game series on the road? Or won two four-game series anywhere consecutively?

It's not mathematically easy to win a four-game series. I'm thinking had they won tonight it may have been a first in franchise history. There aren't a lot of four-game series to begin with and I somehow doubt Sox have won two straight four-game series on the road since probably the 50s or 60s or even before that.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 10:51 PM)
Can somebody ask one of the Sox beat writers on Twitter this question or give me the answer?

If Sox would have won tonight, they would have swept two straight four-game series. My question is: Would that have been the first time in Sox history the team has won two straight four-game series on the road? Or won two four-game series anywhere consecutively?

It's not mathematically easy to win a four-game series. I'm thinking had they won tonight it may have been a first in franchise history. There aren't a lot of four-game series to begin with and I somehow doubt Sox have won two straight four-game series on the road since probably the 50s or 60s or even before that.

Can't find the tweet, but I vaguely remember one of the beat writers saying we had done it sometime in the 50s

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:55 AM)
Can't find the tweet, but I vaguely remember one of the beat writers saying we had done it sometime in the 50s

Damn, for this team that would have been a nice one to have. That's 60 years ago!