Cespedes to the Mets according to Levine

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 11:55 AM)
What scares me about that tweet is Nightengale has a very good Sox source, so our FO might actually think that this is an issue when they have Leury Garcia rotting on the bench.

Well I hope they aren't really considering Leury because Leury doesn't matter. We aren't not winning the WC because of Leury. It is because of guys we have in our starting lineup. So reality is we are talking about 8 guys + Soto (since he gets enough playing time), maybe you are kind and include Shuck (since he should be playing more anyway). Clearly you can find better ballplayers then Beckham and Leury but they aren't why we are where we are today.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
What scares me about that tweet is Nightengale has a very good Sox source, so our FO might actually think that this is an issue when they have Leury Garcia rotting on the bench.

Does it only take 2 days to rot now?

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
The #WhiteSox would love to add a bat, but unless they move position player off their 25 man roster, they have no room.

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/627189253835862016

Yea, they're definitely not this dumb. It's pretty easy to figure out. You send Leury down, keep Bonifacio on the DL for a month until the rosters expand September 1.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)

Have you ever heard of a team not upgrading because they "have no room" on their roster? It is not even a consideration.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
Have you ever heard of a team not upgrading because they "have no room" on their roster? It is not even a consideration.

I have not. It just intrigues me that of all people to tweet this, it's the most reliable White Sox source.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
Yea, they're definitely not this dumb. It's pretty easy to figure out. You send Leury down, keep Bonifacio on the DL for a month until the rosters expand September 1.

Sox roster is so loaded, they can't even find a place to put an upgrade!

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
Sort of looks like we'll go to battle with what we got, which I am fine with.

Orrrr is it just the calm before the storm...?

A lot of time left. Usually a bit of a rush right before the deadline with some deals not even being announced until after the deadline. Remember the deal just has to be submitted by the deadline, not announced.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
Sort of looks like we'll go to battle with what we got, which I am fine with.

Orrrr is it just the calm before the storm...?

It's hard to believe that Cespedes won't move when the Tigers moved Price and Cespedes won't return a draft pick.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)
It's hard to believe that Cespedes won't move when the Tigers moved Price and Cespedes won't return a draft pick.

And it also pretty much means that they cannot re-sign him. But looks like the Mets are the front runner.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)

Yep. You would think within those last few minutes they would accept just about anything because there's no reason to hang onto him. Something is better than nothing.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
Yep. You would think within those last few minutes they would accept just about anything because there's no reason to hang onto him. Something is better than nothing.

Except they are just 2 games under .500 and 3.5 GB on the 2nd WC.