Cespedes to the Mets according to Levine

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:41 PM)
If the price for a Cespedes/Upton is Anderson, Montas, or Johnson i'd sit this one out and add a bat in August. Not worth it for a rental.

Yep. The Sox can use Erik to replace Danks in the rotation, use LaRoche as a bench bat and call up Micah. That's two upgrades right there.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:41 PM)
I'd be indifferent about that. I think he'll be a #4/#5 starter.

It is a toss up, I think Johnson has potential and could be a good #4 starter but we also have a lot of starters in the minors to look forward to as well. I just don't see us making the wild card this year no matter what. Jays have improved way too much.

I would be happy to see Cespedes come here simply for the excitement but it probably isn't best for us long term

If for no other reason than to see how he, Ramirez and Abreu get along. It would be a lot more entertaining than Aviball recently, that's for sure.

Dang, if we traded Samardzija at the right time, we could have had Olivera at 3B with that trio...then add Puig and play 20 games in Havana every season to exploit the newest market inefficiency, with the US opening diplomatic relations.

Imagine the tv ratings in CUBA!!! April games instead of snowouts. Sellouts instead of September crowds of 12-15,000.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)
If for no other reason than to see how he, Ramirez and Puig get along. It would be a lot more entertaining than Aviball recently, that's for sure.

Dang, if we traded Samardzija at the right time, we could have had Olivera at 3B with that trio...

No. ATL got Perazza in that deal (in addition to Wood, a pitcher controlled on the cheap for multiple years) No way shark gets you Olivera...thats just nonsense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)
Then there is this.

Tony Paul ‏@TonyPaul1984 4m4 minutes ago

Three-way trade could have #Tigers moving Yoenis Cespedes and Rajai Davis, possibly. Mets, White Sox appear to be involved.

Intriguing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)
Then there is this.

Tony Paul ‏@TonyPaul1984 4m4 minutes ago

Three-way trade could have #Tigers moving Yoenis Cespedes and Rajai Davis, possibly. Mets, White Sox appear to be involved.

Watch us get Davis lmao