7/31 White Sox vs Yankees 7:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

Starting this early because I'm already looking forward to it. Let's get back to our winning ways. Our hitters haven't seen much of Eovaldi. Melky is 2-3 off him, though. This could be our last game without Upton/Cespedes/new bat in our lineup.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 10:19 PM)
Quick to steal my thunder.

With that said, let's win another series.

Just annoyed by all the overreacting, want to keep looking forward :lol:

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:24 AM)
I didn't mean it in a bad way. It's a compliment. I thought you were an adult for sure. I'm only 16 anyway lol.

I basically assume that everyone on here is an adult. It's nice to know that there are other people my age here. I'm basically 16 too, my birthday's in a couple weeks. But yeah, I post on Soxtalk a lot; I find it cool that there are so many people with unique opinions on our team that I can interact with. Most of my friends are Sox fans, but only a couple are die-hards. Sadly, there aren't many young fans like us anymore. The only drawback to being this young on Soxtalk is not getting the historical references all the time! The first Sox team I followed in a "die-hard" fashion was that lowly 07 team. It was pretty rough. Many people assume my first team was 05- I really wish it could have been that way. If that was your first team, I'm definitely jealous!

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:31 AM)
I basically assume that everyone on here is an adult. It's nice to know that there are other people my age here. I'm basically 16 too, my birthday's in a couple weeks. But yeah, I post on Soxtalk a lot; I find it cool that there are so many people with unique opinions on our team that I can interact with. Most of my friends are Sox fans, but only a couple are die-hards. Sadly, there aren't many young fans like us anymore. The only drawback to being this young on Soxtalk is not getting the historical references all the time! The first Sox team I followed in a "die-hard" fashion was that lowly 07 team. It was pretty rough. Many people assume my first team was 05- I really wish it could have been that way. If that was your first team, I'm definitely jealous!

It actually was. I was only 6 at the time they won it all (I turned 7 the day after they clinched), so that was definitely an amazing experience. I don't remember everything about that year since I was so young, but I do remember certain portions of it. The first game I went was that year as well. I've been a die hard fan of every Sox team since then. It's too bad we haven't had anything good to root for lately. :(

Hopefully they surprise us and at least make the Wild Card game this year. That would satisfy me.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 08:41 AM)
What's a normal age to start following a team as a die-hard? I'm 25 but my first season following the White Sox all the way through was the 2004 team. I guess I was a late bloomer.

For me, I was 10 when the 1983 team happened, that is the team that hooked me for life.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:38 AM)
It actually was. I was only 6 at the time they won it all (I turned 7 the day after they clinched), so that was definitely an amazing experience. I don't remember everything about that year since I was so young, but I do remember certain portions of it. The first game I went was that year as well. I've been a die hard fan of every Sox team since then. It's too bad we haven't had anything good to root for lately. :(

Hopefully they surprise us and at least make the Wild Card game this year. That would satisfy me.

I sure hope so.

What's a normal age to start following a team as a die-hard? I'm 25 but my first season following the White Sox all the way through was the 2004 team. I guess I was a late bloomer.

I don't think there's a "normal" age. It completely varies depending on the person

Been a fan of the White Sox out of the womb. But, became a die hard probably when I was 10 lol.

I've been a White Sox fan since I got a Frank Thomas Topps rookie as a 6-7 year old. A kid a couple years older that I knew said that he was supposed to be a pretty good player so I became a Frank fan and naturally a White Sox fan.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)
I don't think there's a "normal" age. It completely varies depending on the person

This all day. If someone judges you for not being a fan until your 20s, they can shove it. Fans are fans, and the White Sox could use a lot more of them, honestly.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:41 PM)

You guys are all young whipper snappers. I was 8 years old in 1959 when I first started following baseball and the White Sox were my team. My first baseball glove was a Nellie Fox model.

I'm 25 as well, but since my old man is a die hard sox fan, I've been one since I can remember. Plus, growing up in MN, I had no choice but to defend myself, and be as educated on the game as possible. Hence why I know more about the Twins than most Twins fans, and I f***ing hate the Twins.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 11:32 AM)
You guys are all young whipper snappers. I was 8 years old in 1959 when I first started following baseball and the White Sox were my team. My first baseball glove was a Nellie Fox model.

I'm just young enough (and started being a big fan late enough) to miss almost the entire Frank Thomas era unfortunately, especially his best years.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 07:28 AM)
Against a patient team like the Yankees, he can quickly find himself in trouble if he can't throw strikes

I thought about the same thing then remembered he didn't walk anyone against Boston.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:08 PM)
I thought about the same thing then remembered he didn't walk anyone against Boston.

I assume you mean Cleveland? They are tied with the Cubs for most walks, so that is a good sign.