7/31 White Sox vs Yankees 7:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 04:56 AM)
Yeah, this was good but I definitely wouldn't call it the #1 highlight of the season.

His highlight for sure. I forgot his dad was LaLob. LaRoche threw two LaLobs up there. Hope the beat writers remember that.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 05:00 AM)
Maybe Adam can pitch for Danks instead. Maybe we can have Danks DH

Danks isn't that bad. You know u are jinxing him tomorrow cause I love him. He's had 5 good outings in his last 10. Not bad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 11:06 PM)
Danks isn't that bad. You know u are jinxing him tomorrow cause I love him. He's had 5 good outings in his last 10. Not bad.

No he's bad. Those things called stats show that plus the eye test.He's batting practice. I'm sure we'll get a nice display tomorrow.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 05:08 AM)
No he's bad. Those things called stats show that plus the eye test.He's batting practice. I'm sure we'll get a nice display tomorrow.

Then how do u explain 5 good outings in 10 tries? That's actually better than Rodon.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 05:10 AM)
You do realize that's not exactly a good ratio for a pitcher?

Thing is, he's still making a comeback from injury. You guys disagree, but the eye test tells me his stuff is improving. Now, the consistency is still off. Maybe he should have pitched in the minors all year. I agree five out of 10 is not great, but it's OK for a No. 5.

The Danks hatred bothers me. Because 1.) he isn't to blame for his contract. Somebody offered it to him. 2.) The GM could demand he pitch a year in the minors to get his effectiveness all the way back following serious surgery. He's a No. 5 starter and doing OK in that role. Rodon has been equally inconsistent and he's No. 4. I think the reasons people hate on Danks are wrong.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
Thing is, he's still making a comeback from injury. You guys disagree, but the eye test tells me his stuff is improving. Now, the consistency is still off. Maybe he should have pitched in the minors all year. I agree five out of 10 is not great, but it's OK for a No. 5.

The Danks hatred bothers me. Because 1.) he isn't to blame for his contract. Somebody offered it to him. 2.) The GM could demand he pitch a year in the minors to get his effectiveness all the way back following serious surgery. He's a No. 5 starter and doing OK in that role. Rodon has been equally inconsistent and he's No. 4. I think the reasons people hate on Danks are wrong.

It is a few years removed from the surgery though and Danks is now in his 30's I think. The sooner he is out of the rotation and off the team the better it will be for all concerned. He's been well paid, it's not like he or his family is going to want for anything.

Mark

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 11:14 PM)

He has reached that point that many White Sox have reached where we're tired of looking at him. Danks is overpriced and that's primarily the reason, and every inconsistent start is a reminder of the burden we'll have to carry for another season

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
Six runs and Sox lose. That's never a good sign.

I consider that a good sign. Remember we recently went 20+ straight games at home scoring less than 5 runs. Keep scoring 5 runs a game and we'll be in good shape unless in Strange Sox fashion once we start hitting the pitching lets us down but both were great during the 7 game streak albeit against crap competition. However with all the trades others in the WC card race made we are hopelessly outgunned.

If the hitting and improved defense continues along with the pitching being steady the Sox should finish the season a few games above .500 but miss the playoffs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 05:08 AM)
LaRoche is hot with four hits. Too bad Rodon was trash. Our pitching let us down tonight and now a losing streak has begun. Can they halt the streak this weekend before it gets ridiculous again?

Laroche's performance was encouraging (with the bat and the pithing LOL). Plus Abreu is driving the ball out of the ball park again. We need Avisail to figure it out