Trayce Thompson on the way

flavum

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 04:10 PM)
https://twitter.com/KlayThompson/status/627580458893643776

Carroll may just be coverage for tonight because of last night.

Trayce will probably be in the lineup tomorrow, I would think.

What makes you think he will be in the lineup? I hope they let him start in CF or RF and DH either Eaton or Avi

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 04:42 PM)
Could be, although I wouldn't be against shutting down Rodon for a couple weeks, then letting him finish out the season without worrying about his innings.

Rodons innings are fine. He's on pace for 150.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 04:50 PM)
Yeah, you're right, he's not too bad. 12 more starts at 6 per, would be 72 + 90 now= 162 innings isn't bad.

I would think that's where they'd want his innings this year. He threw 120 or so last year.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
Viciedo signing makes more sense

He has had his chance and besides I would think he's rusty as hell making him even worse than he was. As for Trayce, at the very least he should provide good defense and yeah, we know about Viciedo and defense.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
Yeah, you're right, he's not too bad. 12 more starts at 6 per, would be 72 + 90 now= 162 innings isn't bad.

But if the Sox make it past the 1 game playoff of the 2nd WC no Rodon . How do they treat Rodon if the Sox pull even to get into the playoffs or are within a game and 1 team above them with 2 weeks or less in the season ? Eric Johnson's workload has to be watched too as does Sale's .

It becomes more apparent why the Sox kept Samrdzija . They really need him should they make it to a 5 or 7 game playoff series.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 09:27 AM)
But if the Sox make it past the 1 game playoff of the 2nd WC no Rodon . How do they treat Rodon if the Sox pull even to get into the playoffs or are within a game and 1 team above them with 2 weeks or less in the season ? Erik Johnson's workload has to be watched too as does Sale's .

It becomes more apparent why the Sox kept Samardzija . They really need him should they make it to a 5 or 7 game playoff series.

Well, if they're going to do that, now is the time. It wouldn't bother me if they just had him pitch on the side for a few turns, try to work on some mechanical issues, and be strong to finish...with the hope that postseason is still there.

No word on Thompson yet, BTW. Probably at 10am.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 10:31 AM)
My guess is he gets the call tomorrow to replace Carroll or a reliever, as we currently have no backup outfielder, unless you count Leury Garcia.

Padilla just tweeted the lineup card and Beckham and Flowers are listed as only bench players. No Leury Garcia