8.3 Rays @ White Sox 7:10 CT

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)
I think he tried to hold Eaton last week and Eaton literally blew him off and ran right to home

I was at that game, he originally sent Eaton right when Eaton was touching 3rd, then put the stop sign up to late because McEwing wasn't that far down the line where Eaton could react in time.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 03:34 AM)
Of course he'll be starting tomorrow. He's Hahn's pride and joy - Avi the "untouchable."

Even though he got the double, he needs the two-day LaRoche time off minimum. You'd think at some point the Sox season would play a different tune. Instead it's the same song. Everytime they get near .500 they play some of the worst baseball you've ever seen. It's just bizarre. Last week during the road trip they were murdering teams and looked like picks to click in the playoffs. Now they look like the bungling buffoons they've resembled many times this season.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 08:39 PM)
Even though he got the double, he needs the two-day LaRoche time off minimum. You'd think at some point the Sox season would play a different tune. Instead it's the same song. Everytime they get near .500 they play some of the worst baseball you've ever seen. It's just bizarre. Last week during the road trip they were murdering teams and looked like picks to click in the playoffs. Now they look like the bungling buffoons they've resembled many times this season.

Our bad players are really bad at the whole game so even if we start sniffing .500 some one is bound to f*** it up

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 03:38 AM)
I was at that game, he originally sent Eaton right when Eaton was touching 3rd, then put the stop sign up to late because McEwing wasn't that far down the line where Eaton could react in time.

Then he's a complete idiot. Good thing we don't make the playoffs. He'd probably do something ultra-bizarre to cost us in the one-game wildcard. If you made the gravity of a mistake McEwing just made at your workplace, you'd be cautiously updating your e-mail every few minutes to see when the owner was going to rip you a new one. The "baseball book" probably doesn't even allow anybody to say anything to McEwing. We should let somebody like Pods coach third until he proves he can't do it, either.

Thanks McEwing for ruining that game.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 09:49 PM)
Rongey trying to rationalize McEwing making that decision...

Nobody out! Done! That's the only factor McEwing needed to know. Period!

Even flavum is out with the pitchforks tonight and not even bothering with statistical premutations that would project our record to somehow clinging (with about ten breaks going our way) to a WC possibility.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 04:49 AM)
Rongey trying to rationalize McEwing making that decision...

Nobody out! Done! That's the only factor McEwing needed to know. Period!

Just heard the McEwing interview. Said it was a "terrible decision" and he'll take "full responsibility."

Nice sentiments. He f***ed up and knows it. I guess there's no reason for a lynch mob. Just an unfortunate thing. Geezus, Joe. Get your head out of your ass and concentrate next time.

He was asked a followup and Joe even said Lexi "froze" on contact. So Joe even sent him knowing he initially "froze." Not good, Joe. Please learn how to coach third base so when we have a good team this does not happen again! Thank you.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 09:29 PM)
At least you had Fields and Owens and Wasserman looking decent...Andy Gonzalez, haha. He looked like a slugger compared to Leury.

It's the highest level of blasphemy to include the above (bolded) combination of names in one sentence- not unlike mentioning Lord Voldemort by name in Harry Potter.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 12:57 AM)
It's the highest level of blasphemy to include the above (bolded) combination of names in one sentence- not unlike mentioning Lord Voldemort by name in Harry Potter.

It really is blasphemous- he forgot all about my man Ryan Bukvich!

McEwing has been an awesome 3B coach this year.

Not his fault this team is in a must-win position right now.

I'm not entirely saying he's not to blame here, but the lynch mob should take a step back and realize no one is perfect, and the team as a whole has made more costly mistakes this year then this one call by Joe McEwing.

Thanks.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 05:37 AM)
This White Sox team is 50-50 since their 0-4 start.

So the 0-4 start prevents the team from ever getting over .500. Cause this team has zero chance of climbing over .500. Just can't do it.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 06:13 AM)
McEwing has been an awesome 3B coach this year.

Not his fault this team is in a must-win position right now.

I'm not entirely saying he's not to blame here, but the lynch mob should take a step back and realize no one is perfect, and the team as a whole has made more costly mistakes this year then this one call by Joe McEwing.

Thanks.

I don't think it's true he's been a great 3B coach. I do know tonight's mistake was unacceptable. Boneheaded move of all time. He admits he saw Lexi start slowly and still sends him against that arm?? If Eaton was in center, maybe. The fact it cost the Sox such a crucial game is mind boggling.