worse loss of the year

harkness99

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 05:24 AM)
McEwing didn't really cost them the game. The next 3 guys could have popped out or struck out. It was stupid and the wrong decision but I blame Duke and Robertson more than a damn coach. Stop blaming coaches for the entire season. It's really lazy.

It's not lazy tonight. Yes the relievers sucked big time. But the Sox were going to win that game. McEwing single handedly ruined that with his unforgivable blunder. He just went braindead or got caught up in emotion. Lexi had no chance. First and third nobody out would have been nice. It would have been a big come from behind win. Woulda been the third time the team battled back, finally to win. Now ... I look for a sweep; definitely 2 of 3 Tampa minimum.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
Ya, this is it. I'll still watch some games but this seasons done. We're not getting to .500 nor the playoffs.

I missed the whole Baserunning screw up. What happened?

If it works I'm trying to embed the video, if not I'll switch to the link in a sec.

Edit: Here's the link in case the embed code doens't work, it's failing half the time for me. The Rays announcers asking "What are they doing" is pretty impressive.

Last night was tough. I was so impressed by Carlos and Abreu fighting back like that.

I've been in the wait-and-see mode with Avi, not wanting to fully give up on that talent. But this team's offense has turned on without him, and it's defense has turned on without him. We have to scrape for everyhting, and you just can't have that big of a liability in RF. I say platoon of Schuck/Trayce. Let's see how good we can do with a defensive heavy lineup.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 06:59 AM)
Last night was tough. I was so impressed by Carlos and Abreu fighting back like that.

I've been in the wait-and-see mode with Avi, not wanting to fully give up on that talent. But this team's offense has turned on without him, and it's defense has turned on without him. We have to scrape for everyhting, and you just can't have that big of a liability in RF. I say platoon of Schuck/Trayce. Let's see how good we can do with a defensive heavy lineup.

This is right. Send Avi down. He has no bench value either if he can't defend or hit.

But will Hahn swallow his pride and admit the mistake already...? Hard to imagine they will give Thompson many starts until September at the earliest.

Yeah, Ventura with the scruffy beard look couldn't believe it....he was pretty livid you could tell.

Maybe he'll take over Buddy Bell's job next month as a reward.

That was the former Chris Rongey (pre and post-game host) for the White Sox....Dave Wills, with the "what are they doing?" comment btw.

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 10:24 PM)
I can't think of many that were as bad...

This team does not have the leadership or confidence to know how to win... its clear over and over.

When ever they really need a win... its a choke job from the coaching staff to players.

Until they flip the staff and maybe even the front office this will never change.

At the very least it is the worse thread titling...

QUOTE (Yoda @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
McEwing should lose his job for that play. A team that is vying for a Wild Card spot means there is little to no room for fundamental hiccups like the one made last night. 1st and 3rd no outs…

nah i disagree and only for 1 reason. there are mistakes that all coaches make. no one is perfect.

i remember watching games and other teams and sox teams do make a occasional mistake in judgment.

i am glad he owned up to it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:54 AM)
At the very least it is the worse thread titling...

Could have fixed it for me?

or just too much temptation for a passive aggressive internet moment.

My bad! :(

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (Yoda @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 10:00 AM)
McEwing should lose his job for that play. A team that is vying for a Wild Card spot means there is little to no room for fundamental hiccups like the one made last night. 1st and 3rd no outs…

McEwing won't lose his job, unless maybe they tried to make him a fall guy for the failings of this staff - which from their mantra all year it doesn't appear they would do.

KW and Ventura need to go... Hahn is still a question mark to me.

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
McEwing won't lose his job, unless maybe they tried to make him a fall guy for the failings of this staff - which from their mantra all year it doesn't appear they would do.

KW and Ventura need to go... Hahn is still a question mark to me.

i don't know, but i am thinking from the results of the trade deadline results, it might be in the horizon....

just my thoughts.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:07 AM)
This is right. Send Avi down. He has no bench value either if he can't defend or hit.

Garcia simply hasn't been the same player since he hurt that knee in Oakland. He was off to a very good start. You wonder if something is still wrong with it.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 03:59 PM)
Garcia simply hasn't been the same player since he hurt that knee in Oakland. He was off to a very good start. You wonder if something is still wrong with it.

Mark

good point, either way, as i keep saying, how old is the player.

The Shark getting blasted for 9 run and Sale getting blasted and a bullpen that can't seem to hold onto a lead. Robertson is really scuffling and I wonder if it's confidence lost or more? Relief pitchers have fragile egos. Last night was a heartbreaker. I wouldn't have sent Ramirez and MLB network showed the play and pointed out Ramirez broke back to second to make sure the ball didn't get caught. Once he did that McEwing should have held him. Aggressiveness can work to your advantage and against you too. This one didn't go our way. Carlos Sanchez almost tied it anyway with that liner to right. The kid has really started to show some promise with the bat. With all the bad we have seen since our 7 game winning streak this team is still only 3 1/2 out of the wild card

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 04:09 PM)
The Shark getting blasted for 9 run and Sale getting blasted and a bullpen that can't seem to hold onto a lead. Robertson is really scuffling and I wonder if it's confidence lost or more? Relief pitchers have fragile egos. Last night was a heartbreaker. I wouldn't have sent Ramirez and MLB network showed the play and pointed out Ramirez broke back to second to make sure the ball didn't get caught. Once he did that McEwing should have held him. Aggressiveness can work to your advantage and against you too. This one didn't go our way. Carlos Sanchez almost tied it anyway with that liner to right. The kid has really started to show some promise with the bat. With all the bad we have seen since our 7 game winning streak this team is still only 3 1/2 out of the wild card

yeah, and where did he get that power from..... :headbang

i like it.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 11:09 AM)

At the time I was so mad at how poorly ramirez played that, but I had to remember that Laroch was at bat. There would have been a shift that may have put the SS right there.