8/4 - Rays at White Sox

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 11:47 PM)
Maybe it is your catcher big guy

Wedger AJ's backup in 05 was let go or was it the next year because he wasn't properly prepared for the games. Is this Tyler's problem or is he jus that bad.

Edited by sammy esposito

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 11:19 PM)
Been trying to think of a way to sum up the Sox organization the last 10 years. I can't do it in one sentence but these come close:

"One step forward...two steps back."

"Loyalty without Accountability"

"When in doubt, blame the fans"

It's a shame that another summer has been flushed right down the toilet. When all is said and done it'll be six of the last nine of them.

Beyond sad now.

Mark

50 of the last 55, to be exact. But hey! Don't be bitter now, as some others would wag their sanctimonious fingers at you and admonish you for being. Don't be bitter! It's just baseball, dontcha know. A win and a loss - bah! What's the difference! If you don't like the results, why, just go and get another hobby, they would tell you. How dare you expect more! And if it's blame you are seeking to assign, well then, look no further than the mirror, Fair Fan. It is all your fault! You and all of your excuses for not coming out to the ballpark - the Sox' lack of success is all yer fault! Why...

Lol - I can't even keep that charade up of that ridiculous mindset, it's so absurd. But yes, to the poster's credit for pointing out, yet another wasted summer. When will it all change for the better? Time will tell, I reckon. A new management team seems like it would be a good start, but then there's still the issue of the "hands-on" owner who would still ultimately call the shots. He's overruled even the current management team over the years over strategic decisions, and look how well that's worked out for us. Oy! Looks like we are in for more of the same as long as the status quo remains in place!

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 04:34 AM)
Just responding to some of the posts I read here tonight:

"Robin Ventura's managerial career is over in two months."

My response is I wouldn't bet the house on that. Robin is still very well liked by JR and I don't need to explain how much that counts in the organization. Plus he's under contract through next year. JR does not like to pay people not to manage. And of course if the Sox fired Robin that would make Kenny look bad. He hired him and had to talk him into it. This organization does not like to admit mistakes.

"I'd still like Leyland or LaRussa. If they won't do it, Piniella. Of course I'd love Ozzie, but his mouth ruined possibilities of that."

Leyland is 73 he's not coming back. Tony is already turning the D-backs around as president. Piniella is also older and has no desire to return. As far as Ozzie, he quit on the team in 2011, b****ed and moaned about his salary and contract. Insulted the fan base numerous times (remember his comments about the fans not liking his lineups? Or how about the infamous "pissing on statues" comment?) If Ozzie was the last manager on Earth, I'd say no thanks.

As far as going 7-1 right before the trading deadline all I can say is that's typical White Sox luck if you look at the history of the franchise.

Finally some were asking for a Micah Johnson return. He's currently on the DL (yet again) at Charlotte with left hamstring issues if I remember right. That marks the second straight year he's had leg issues. Running is his game...if he can't run basically he's useless. Could just be an unlucky guy who can not stay healthy.

Mark

excellent post. That 7-1 stretch still confounds me as a fan. f***.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 12:08 AM)
50 of the last 55, to be exact. But hey! Don't be bitter now, as some others would wag their sanctimonious fingers at you and admonish you for being. Don't be bitter! It's just baseball, dontcha know. A win and a loss - bah! What's the difference! If you don't like the results, why, just go and get another hobby, they would tell you. How dare you expect more! And if it's blame you are seeking to assign, well then, look no further than the mirror, Fair Fan. It is all your fault! You and all of your excuses for not coming out to the ballpark - the Sox' lack of success is all yer fault! Why...

Lol - I can't even keep that charade up of that ridiculous mindset, it's so absurd. But yes, to the poster's credit for pointing out, yet another wasted summer. When will it all change for the better? Time will tell, I reckon. A new management team seems like it would be a good start, but then there's still the issue of the "hands-on" owner who would still ultimately call the shots. He's overruled even the current management team over the years over strategic decisions, and look how well that's worked out for us. Oy! Looks like we are in for more of the same as long as the status quo remains in place!

Well, at least this year there wasn't ridiculous meeting with the position players like 2006 when Konerko, Dye and Thome all professed they had enough horses in the clubhouse to get it done.

Honestly, what players are going to openly tell the GM or owner it would probably be better to add some more talent?

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 05:19 AM)
Been trying to think of a way to sum up the Sox organization the last 10 years. I can't do it in one sentence but these come close:

"One step forward...two steps back."

"Loyalty without Accountability"

"When in doubt, blame the fans"

It's a shame that another summer has been flushed right down the toilet. When all is said and done it'll be six of the last nine of them.

Beyond sad now.

Mark

~~ i say the last 20+ yrs >>>>>>>>>> hands on ownership that think they know more about baseball than the pro's.

~~ not being able to or refuse to take that extra step to get the missing part or pieces >>>>>>> is it going to cost $$$$

the owner management should really look at how close the sox were with the talent level and the sox didn't take a step forward. totally being inept and wasted opportunities to make history, to take over chi for baseball and since they only seems to be worried about the $$$$, they would have build on that success monetarily building a bigger and better financial corp.

wasted talent the sox had for incompetence at the very top.

real sad.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 06:08 AM)

:lol:

nice post.

QUOTE (captain54 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 10:50 PM)
That was four years ago and I think most fans' memory is probably a little short in that respect. Remember, Robin was the Anti-Ozzie, and there was gonna be a newer, happier franchise once Ozzie was gone.. Well, it hasn't exactly turned out that way…

Yes, Robin has 1 year left on his contract, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Reinsdorf is a smart enough business man, though loyal, to ease Robin out replacing him with Ozzie next year, if it meant a possible uptick in ST sales for 2016... True.. Ozzie doesn't know when to shut up, but neither did DaCoach and the DaCoach is still one popular guy in Chicago..why? because Chicago fans are big and boisterous themselves with their opinions..

I'm not saying Ozzie is the best choice to replace Robin.. But he certainly would be a great choice to maybe generate some interest in this franchise that continues toward irrelevancy in this town..

I wish everyone would just not bring Guillen's name up at all. That was my nice way of putting it when I really wanted to say STFU about him.

Would you hire Judas ? Would you hire your best friend who slept with your wife ? Would you hire a guy who tried to extort money from you ??

That's what Guillen is ,was, and shall ever be.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 05:57 AM)
I wish everyone would just not bring Guillen's name up at all. That was my nice way of putting it when I really wanted to say STFU about him.

Would you hire Judas ? Would you hire your best friend who slept with your wife ? Would you hire a guy who tried to extort money from you ??

That's what Guillen is ,was, and shall ever be.

Leaving the White Sox for a higher salary is equivalent to betraying Jesus?

C'mon, Dombrowski's doing the same exact thing, basically. When he signs for $8-10 million per season with Boston, LAA, Toronto or Seattle, should he be burned in effigy or hung from lampposts in Detroit?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 08:24 AM)

C'mon, Dombrowski's doing the same exact thing, basically. When he signs for $8-10 million per season with Boston, LAA, Toronto or Seattle, should he be burned in effigy or hung from lampposts in Detroit?

Negotiating with a different team while he was under contract with the White Sox is 100% lying to and betraying his employer. Honor him for 2005 fine, but he should never work in this town again.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 05:24 AM)

An educated man like yourself should know the term Judas is more commonly meant to portray a betrayer. Don't take things so literally.