8/4 - Rays at White Sox

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:19 PM)
I got fooled. It's not easy to win on the road and we were murdering those teams. We were getting great pitching and the hitting, led by Melky, looked like it was on fire. At least now, mentally, I'm back to realizing Sox just don't have it this year. No reason to get mad. The team just reeks.

I give you credit for admitting it.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like nobody saw this coming. Toronto's blowing past the Twins already.

The schedule this month was a trainwreck appoaching...just didn't expect Sale to take two losses in the middle of it.

But we also knew Archer was going to be tough.

Hitters guessing on fastballs in...Chris/Tyler are going to have to make some slight adjustments in strategy.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:22 PM)
I am officially on the KW and Hahn leaving team. Hahn has been disappointing to say the least. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but no more.

The issue is we don't know how much of the decision making is squarely on hahn vs how much influence kw has. I would like to see kw go and Hahn by himself to see what he can actually do. I think alot of the scouting department and player development Is still from kw era. Maybe if kw is gone hahn could put better people into those areas.

Last night, the Rays manager had the bullpen up in the 6th inning before their starter got in trouble one bit and pulled him as soon as Abreu tied it up. Tonight, Robin is getting Webb up as fast as possible just as Sale loads the bases.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 02:07 PM)
I agree. It's better than throwing Avisail Garcia to the wolves AGAIN, and then when he goes 0-4 with the golden sombrero, we can b**** about Robin's managerial skills, and then go back to his lack of experience when he took the job.

I tell you Stone Pony, not even LaRussa, Cox or Torre could win with Thompson, Flowers, Sanchez and Saladino in their starting line-ups.

Just wait until Robin gets his team in there, they'll really start to take off.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:31 PM)
The issue is we don't know how much of the decision making is squarely on hahn vs how much influence kw has. I would like to see kw go and Hahn by himself to see what he can actually do. I think alot of the scouting department and player development Is still from kw era. Maybe if kw is gone hahn could put better people into those areas.

I used to feel the same way about Hahn, but I really have confidence in him at this point.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 07:31 PM)

I would take Dombrowski in a hearbeat over either one.

More stellar Sox defense...Sale wasn't backing up or in the right position, should have been backing up Flowers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)
Sale doesn't seem himself at all

If he's still healthy...we might have just completely burned him out in May/June.

Maybe there was a reason why they were so desperate to get him extra rest at the AS break.

Sale's job is to back up home.

It's like he gave up on this game when he figured out the Sox offense couldn't score 3 against Archer.

Officially a throwing error on Eaton.

DJ says even with a day game he would force them to do a morning workout focused on cutoffs/relays.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:42 PM)
Sale's job is to back up home.

It's like he gave up on this game when he figured out the Sox offense couldn't score 3 against Archer.

I agree completely that he should back up home but my god, a 3rd grader could of blocked that ball that Flowers missed.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:19 PM)
I'm just so sick of this team beating around the bush. Actually try to make the right changes to win please. Before Chris Sale demands a trade or hits free agency. Sometime before then would be nice. Doing nothing during the deadline was really one of the worst moves this front office has made so far.

It wasn't as if we were all on board for selling, or buying; with as many active members as post here you'd understand opinions differ. But not doing anything.......was pathetic and to me reeked of indecisiveness. Yeah I know, we'll never know the packages offered for Shark; but not selling him is looking to be a terrible move NOW, not even a week past the deadline. How is it going to looks months/years from now?