8/5 vs TB Rays

flavum

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 05:31 PM)
what happened?

at work

They walked Abreu and Cabrera intentionally and then walked Garcia unintentionally, the Garcia walk was with the bases loaded and that drove Eaton home. 3 straight walks, 2 intentional, to end the game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 04:32 PM)
They walked Abreu and Cabrera intentionally and then walked Garcia unintentionally, the Garcia walk was with the bases loaded and that drove Eaton home. 3 straight walks, 2 intentional, to end the game.

LOL

Good job by Avi there. Having good at-bats (regardless of outcome) is not something he does often. With how much he has been struggling, he had to really feel the heat in that AB considering the two IBB in front of him. I figured he'd be ultra-aggressive trying to end the thing but he had a good smart at bat where he laid off a couple of close pitches.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)

Thanks! You hear about that kind of stuff once in awhile.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 05:32 PM)
Good job by Avi there. Having good at-bats (regardless of outcome) is not something he does often. With how much he has been struggling, he had to really feel the heat in that AB considering the two IBB in front of him. I figured he'd be ultra-aggressive trying to end the thing but he had a good smart at bat where he laid off a couple of close pitches.

Great game by Avi. 4 RBI and an outfield assist. He gets the 1st Star

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 06:42 PM)
Rodon is so bad out of the stretch

He should have been in the minors all season til September. He's been lousy as his 5.00 ERA shows.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 07:34 PM)
He's a rookie who was barely out of college this time last year. If he's been disappointing then the problem was your expectations.

I still laugh at the person who told me that bringing up Rodon in April would be worth 10 extra wins for this club, but that's where people were in their thinking early this season.

I blame the team for bringing him up.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 07:37 PM)
Seriously, no one should be worried about Rodon. Most pitchers aren't immediately awesome.

He still has "new guy" syndrome with the fans. People are excited bout his name and draft position. The results (so far) have sucked. I'm not down on him yet but he's been un-special.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 07:39 PM)
Rodon's ERA all the way up to 5.00 now. Personally, I'm not disappointed in how he's done, but I did think he would fare better.

Lets face it. He's stunk. No biggie, but he's sucked.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 08:00 PM)
I'm just looking forward to next February's articles about how LaRoche is ready to put last year behind him and how is he has come into camp looking "fresh and ready to go".

Loved that post.