White Sox @ Royals, 8/8/2015

Balta1701

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This one will be the ugliest of the 3. Saturday night. Shark a good but not great pitcher. Royals fans wanting blood on Shark with a full house again.

If I were Shark I'd hit Cain. All hell would break loose and it might wake up our boys. Shark's the kind of guy who might do it. He plays for such a noncompetitive team it'd put him in the headlines and really would shake up the s***ty frontrunning KC fans.

Gonna be hot with game starting at 6 and stadium baking in 90s. KC 10, Chicago 4.

2 starts against the Royals this year Samardzija has a 6.23 ERA in 13 innings. 6 walks, only 4 Ks, 2 HBP, 3 HR.

So far this year he hasn't been able to strike the Royals out. They work him over and eventually he gives them pitches to hit because he can't strike them out. Either he has to get some Ks or he needs to really get these guys to make some weak contact for once.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 02:42 PM)
This one will be the ugliest of the 3. Saturday night. Shark a good but not great pitcher. Royals fans wanting blood on Shark with a full house again.

If I were Shark I'd hit Cain. All hell would break loose and it might wake up our boys. Shark's the kind of guy who might do it. He plays for such a noncompetitive team it'd put him in the headlines and really would shake up the s***ty frontrunning KC fans.

Gonna be hot with game starting at 6 and stadium baking in 90s. KC 10, Chicago 4.

Really, you're advocating this s*** again?

"That's just bulls***. You had to throw the ball at his head there."

"It's a slap in the face to Paulie who could have his career ended by the pitch.

It's unbelievable.

You've got to retaliate and drill him or at least throw one over his head. "

"Here it's NL rules and you have a chance to throw at the person who injured your best player and you don't even throw one over his head or hit him in the back?

Hard to understand."

"Samarj should have been ejected. The umpires blew that one.

Guy hits home run and colorful pitcher hits batter in the face the next at bat?

I do wish we'd have drilled him instead of throwing at the other Cub, but at least Humber threw at one of them."

"The best thing is we win now and AJ and Peavy and the Sox leaders blast the s*** out of Samarj for his act of brutality."

"I disagree. He was headhunting our best player after his home run."

"You don't think he threw at Paulie on purpose?

Did you see his interviews yesterday? He's a badass and threw at the guy who blasted a two-run home run."

"Get over our best player having his career jeopardized?

Just wait the coverage this gets in the media.

It will be the main storyline today."

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...5471&st=315

You're advocating that Samardzija hit someone on purpose after this is how you reacted to him hitting someone on accident? Really?

[quote name='Quinarvy' date='Aug 8, 2015 -> 03:06 PM' post='321840ally, you're advocating this s*** again?

You're advocating that Samardzija hit someone on purpose after this is how you reacted to him hitting someone on accident? Really?

The best part is him calling Samardzija "good not great" but then blows Danks every start.

Edit: I seriously hate posting on this site from my phone. Text jumps and I end up screwing up the quote

Edited by soxfan2014

That's a great plan if you want Samardzija suspended for a few weeks and Abreu out for the season after taking a fastball to the face.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)
That's a great plan if you want Samardzija suspended for a few weeks and Abreu out for the season after taking a fastball to the face.

I didn't advocate hurting Cain, just hitting him. Our team needs to wake up ... again. This would incite their sellout crowd. They won't hit Abreu in the face. They've already started fights with various other teams. My wrath about Paulie was them hitting him in the face. It's OK to plunk a guy on the butt or back him off the plate. Why sit back and not try to fight the sweep?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)
[quote name='Quinarvy' date='Aug 8, 2015 -> 03:06 PM' post='321840ally, you're advocating this s*** again?

The best part is him calling Samardzija "good not great" but then blows Danks every start.

Shark is good, not great. Anybody dispute that? I stand up for Danks because I can't believe the negativity on this site regarding a starter who also has been GOOD this season. I don't know what people expect out of Danks. I personally think he's giving his all and his all has been good IMO. For some reason they don't like the fact he's being overpaid when 95 percent of baseball players, OK, 80 percent, are probly overpaid.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
Really, you're advocating this s*** again?

greg you need to bow to your master, because Q just owned you.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 04:01 PM)
I didn't advocate hurting Cain, just hitting him. Our team needs to wake up ... again. This would incite their sellout crowd. They won't hit Abreu in the face. They've already started fights with various other teams. My wrath about Paulie was them hitting him in the face. It's OK to plunk a guy on the butt or back him off the plate. Why sit back and not try to fight the sweep?

The fact that they've been in fights with various other teams (including us) makes them more likely to retaliate, not less likely. Not to mention, in their most recent incident with Toronto, they threw at guys' faces.

Guthrie is terrible this year and always on the verge of being dumpedfrom the rotation, which means another Chen-like shutout?

Fwiw, with the way Toronto is playing, and with how inconsistent Y.Ventura has been, the Blue Jays have to be considered the favorites in the AL at this point. Of course, the same was said about the A's this time last year.

Even the aARP Yankees are sentimental favorites, so that's new. Kind of ironic, because year after year the local sports talk station in KC always organized protests (typical small market team can't compete against the Evil Empire stuff) whenever the Yankees and their legion of fans came to town.

Edited by caulfield12

why do you always want our team to hit opposing players?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 10:26 PM)
why do you always want our team to hit opposing players?

Only when I feel it'll help the Sox win. Packed stadium, hot night, struggling KC team wanting to feast on Chicago to get well, inconsistent pitcher who could be taken deep by Hosmer and Morales ... I wanna win

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 04:37 PM)
Only when I feel it'll help the Sox win. Packed stadium, hot night, struggling KC team wanting to feast on Chicago to get well, inconsistent pitcher who could be taken deep by Hosmer and Morales ... I wanna win

Actually, the Royals are probably needing to be challenged again...the fact that Minnesota has collapsed has allowed them for the first time all season to take the foot off the gas pedal and relax a bit.

Hitting their batters intentionally is only going to wake them up again and get someone like Abreu or Eaton hurt.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 04:01 PM)

MFW throwing a ball at the hitter and having enough control to determine whether it "hurts or not"

SMFH