White Sox @ Royals, 8/8/2015

Balta1701

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 07:19 PM)
I think South was agreeing with you for the most part... Robin used to argue a little bit but anymore he just bends over.

I'd love Robin to coach my 5 year old kid but not the White Sox.

Yea we're all pretty much in agreement. Robin needs to be more of a jerk in that situation. A true leader might make guys work their asses off but he also shows them its for their own welfare and long term benefit and even though he might crap on them at times, no one else , not the other team not the umps, NO ONE else does and if they do they're going to get an earful !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 08:58 PM)
Cooper has not done a good job with the starting pitching.

Fathom,

as has been said before, when push comes the shove --- pitching out of the stretch... facing opposing line-up for 3rd time .... important, hyped, pressure-packed series later in the season

Don Cooper boys no matter how big their name or their track record... seem to falter more often than one would like. Peavy could be 1-hitting the other team through 5 innings, but god forbid the umpire didn't give him a close call on 1-1 pitch....or a Sox fielder failed to make a play, not an error necessarily..... and Jake-meinster had to go to the stretch --- bye bye ballgame, LOL.

I believe Don Cooper is naked. He is not elite of the elite, certainly not since 2008, nevermind 2005. Maybe a good buddy to the pitchers, maybe keeps them healthier than most of their peers, but all that accolades? I have my doubts.

Coop is also so sensitive when asked anything that can remotely misconstrued as criticism.... makes me wonder if his fragile personality at some point doesn't affect the pitchers.

Watch them pitch out of the stretch VS. full wind-up next time and tell me what you think.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 07:38 PM)
Robin went after Nolan Ryan. Look at him with us now and you'd never know it

He was younger and still a player. He has to reach back to his youth when that competitive fire burned . Don't think , react ! Go with your gut , when you're angry show it. Show you hate losing and do everything you can to prevent it. If you're going to go down, go down fighting and doing it your own way .

QUOTE (L. Ron Paultard @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 01:17 AM)
So a Don Cooper starter who is cruising..... is suddenly having all sorts of problems pitching out of the stretch??? Under pennant race pressure late in the season?

Shocking, LOL. Who knew that a whiny fat-man with a fragile ego like whom who snaps at any semi-difficult questions... would somehow infect his pitching staff.

Then again, Coop is untouchable. Did 2005 really happen?

I kind of like your posts. Who are u?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 01:20 AM)
This team has done exactly what I thought it would do once trade deadline was over. Can't put lipstick on a pig.

I'll give Soxfest and others credit for knowing this. I had no clue. I thought our White Sox were gonna contend for WC the final seven weeks. I saw no way the s***tiness would return.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 01:26 AM)
Fire this manager immediately after season ends. Entire team plays like idiots

The Royals announcers, who suck, were ripping the Sox mercilessly. They said they always seem to do something baseball stupid. They really got on Melky for acting like a clown on the basepaths. They said they don't remember him being like that when he played in KC. They said they liked him but he's an embarrassment to the game and city of Chicago acting like such a clown during games.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 01:40 AM)
White Sox continue to beat themselves.

Not sure why Melky Cabrera is clowning around so much on the basepaths and talking to the Sox dugout...almost got thrown out running past second.

Just not the necessary level of focus and concentration. Soto has no business getting thrown out since he's not going anywhere with Abreu at the plate.

Royals lead all of baseball in tallying runs in the next half-inning after their opponents have scored.

Sloppy.

Were u listening to the Royals' broadcast? Similar thoughts to their announcers.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 01:46 AM)
Jeff will probably attribute this year to trying to "pitch through something since we were in the hunt but it was really bothering him" and some one will buy the hype for 5/90 or something

Excellent post. I do agree this will happen! GMs are THAT dumb. Shark will get 20 million plus. LOL.

QUOTE (L. Ron Paultard @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 02:10 AM)
Fathom,

White Sox have possibly pro sports' worst fans, plus a few other impediments so they can never afford to truly REBUILD properly since another win-less decade might completely decimate the fanbase.

Our fans do suck. But the ones on this board are loyal. I wish Trump would buy the team and frankly I want a new stadium, one so amazing people HAVE to go there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 02:21 AM)
Can't field or stay healthy. Actually wouldn't mind giving him a chance at DH

Semien is hitting now; he'd have been better long term than Micah possibly.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 02:53 AM)
What is with that awful swing Saladino takes on high pitches?

Great post! I've noticed that as well. It's sickening.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 02:53 AM)

What is with that awful swing Saladino takes on high pitches?

Great post! I've noticed that as well. It's sickening.

It looks like Sanchez( .233 ) make catch Saladino ( .240) in a few days.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 04:19 AM)
Sox couldn't beat the Royals with regularity when they were good and Kansas City was trash.

No reason to think they can beat them now that K.C. is good.

Mark

Yeah, you could pencil in a sweep this weekend. Royals will be bored and hot Sunday but should have enough to complete the sweep. Duffy and Q have both been pitching well. Sox gave Saturday's game away when Soto got picked off. They'll probably play just dumb enough to lose again Sunday.