8-10-15 LAA vs CWS (Shoemaker vs Sale)

jasonxctf

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 04:25 PM)
Since we have nothing else to talk about, anyone want to explain what the spreads on baseball mean? Does that mean you are betting sox win by 2 runs or more, or angels at 1 run or win?

Not a huge gambler myself, but I believe that means you need to bet $131 to win $100 (as opposed to +131 which would mean you'd have to bet $100 to win $131).

There are two types of baseball bets. Moneyline and spread.

That -131 is most likely money line with the -1 1/2 runs being spread (meaning they have to win by two runs or more) I would guess the odds be at like +165 for the spread.

Edited by pettie4sox

Time for Sale to break out of the slump.

I hope really hope we don't get swept again in this series and can build up some confidence for the weekend against the cubs.

since it's already 0.45 a.m. in europe i better get to bed, avoid the score all day long tomorrow, hurry home after work and watch the re-run. :D

Go Sox!

QUOTE (muddywolfjohnson @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
Time for Sale to break out of the slump.

I hope really hope we don't get swept again in this series and can build up some confidence for the weekend against the cubs.

since it's already 0.45 a.m. in europe i better get to bed, avoid the score all day long tomorrow, hurry home after work and watch the re-run. :D

Go Sox!

The game tonight is pretty meaningless, so Sale should throw a gem. He only chokes in the big games.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 05:51 PM)
The game tonight is pretty meaningless, so Sale should throw a gem. He only chokes in the big games.

You are thinking of Jake Peavy. Not too many big games have existed during the Sale era. What about Smarj? I'm not sure what qualifies as a big game for an organization like this. Most of the guys they acquire are from losing organizations so they probably don't know what a "big game" is.

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 07:42 PM)
anyone know where you can find the stats for players getting the runner in from 3rd and less then 2 outs?

They have graphics in the game but I can't find it anywhere.

Why would you want to torture yourself like that?

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 06:42 PM)
anyone know where you can find the stats for players getting the runner in from 3rd and less then 2 outs?

They have graphics in the game but I can't find it anywhere.

I'll save ya some trouble. They stink.

Edited by SouthSideSale