2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 01:29 PM)
LBJ is twice the human Jordan ever was. On the court, MJ > James (skill-sets different though) but Lebron, who I rooted against like no other in Miami (and will do so again with Cleveland) has handled his fame very well and learned from his mistakes. Not to mention, his mistakes were not anything that actually negatively hurt people (just a PR fiasco).

LBJ last season, with all the injuries to the Cavs, wasn't a heal, he was a lot like LBJ from the early Cavs teams, an incredible player trying to drive the underdog story. Next season though, with the healthy cast, I agree LBJ probably goes back a bit to being a "heal" but not near the "heal" he was during the Heat era and again, none if it takes away from this awesome and amazing gesture he made.

NOW HE HEALS PEOPLE TOO??!??!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 01:25 PM)
How is he a heel on the basketball court? He's f***ing amazing.

Is this a joke? The constant whining, b****ing, moaning, flopping, etc. He gives up a lot on plays (and games) too. He's one of the least likable stars when it comes to his style of play. Doesn't take away from him being awesome at basketball, but it does make it harder to root for him or enjoy what he does.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 02:48 PM)
Isn't a "heel" a make believe word? How do I know how rrrestling came up with it and whether they meant for it to be heel (as in the heel of your foot) or heal.

A shoe/foot "heel" is the correct spelling for a bad guy.

"Heal" is just, to make well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 01:48 PM)
Isn't a "heel" a make believe word? How do I know how rrrestling came up with it and whether they meant for it to be heel (as in the heel of your foot) or heal.

lol this is why we love our fearless leader

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 01:29 PM)
LBJ is twice the human Jordan ever was. On the court, MJ > James (skill-sets different though) but Lebron, who I rooted against like no other in Miami (and will do so again with Cleveland) has handled his fame very well and learned from his mistakes. Not to mention, his mistakes were not anything that actually negatively hurt people (just a PR fiasco).

LBJ last season, with all the injuries to the Cavs, wasn't a heal, he was a lot like LBJ from the early Cavs teams, an incredible player trying to drive the underdog story. Next season though, with the healthy cast, I agree LBJ probably goes back a bit to being a "heal" but not near the "heal" he was during the Heat era and again, none if it takes away from this awesome and amazing gesture he made.

Oh yeah he was such a joy last season openly moping about Kevin Love and Kyrie's D on the court, openly ignoring his head coach, calling out Kevin Love in press conferences, and doing his typical I HAVE NEVER FOULED ANYONE IN MY LIFE AND YET I AM ALWAYS FOULED!

He's unbearable to watch.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
A shoe/foot "heel" is the correct spelling for a bad guy.

"Heal" is just, to make well.

Why is a heel a bad guy? How did they come up with this nonsense? What do wrestling fans know about the english language? Obviously more then me. Seriously though, who came up with the fact that a heel is a bad guy? I understand it means Tyrant but I don't think the heels in wrestling are necessarily tyrants.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)
Why is a heel a bad guy? How did they come up with this nonsense? What do wrestling fans know about the english language? Obviously more then me. Seriously though, who came up with the fact that a heel is a bad guy? I understand it means Tyrant but I don't think the heels in wrestling are necessarily tyrants.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heel_(profe...onal_wrestling)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)

:wub: :wub: You're the best.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 12:37 PM)

That is not webster's dictionary. I am curious who in the WCW came up with the term "heel" in the first place. Essentially inventing a word vs. using an already existing word. Why not just use the word Villain or something.

Note: Looks like it was a take on a slang term used in the roaring 20's.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 04:12 PM)
That is not webster's dictionary. I am curious who in the WCW came up with the term "heel" in the first place. Essentially inventing a word vs. using an already existing word. Why not just use the word Villain or something.

Note: Looks like it was a take on a slang term used in the rolling 20's.

*roaring

Bulls' Preseason Schedule (all times ET)

Tuesday, Oct. 6 vs. Bucks, 8 p.m.

Thursday, Oct. 8 at Nuggets (Boulder, Colo.), 9 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 10 at Timberwolves (Winnipeg, Canada), 8 p.m.

Monday, Oct. 12 vs. New Orleans Pelicans, 8 p.m.

Wednesday, Oct. 14 vs. Detroit Pistons, 8 p.m.

Monday, Oct. 19 at Charlotte Hornets, 7 p.m.

Tuesday, Oct. 20 vs. Indiana Pacers, 8 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 23 vs. Mavericks (Lincoln, Neb.), 8 p.m.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 22, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
MJ wins $8.9 million jury award from Dominick's parent company. Will donate it to Chicago charities.

All of it? That's nice. It was a pretty obvious case he'd win so I'm glad about the 2nd part.

Nikola Mirotic has been told he will have an increased role this year.

I don't see how that can be possible. Even if we played Gasol/Noah just 28 minutes each, that would leave just 20 minutes each for Gibson and Nikola. And 0 for Portis. I still think we need to trade a big.

And don't say put Niko at SF. We saw that last year. That took away all of his offensive advantages.

Good Nik interview. One quote stood out.

http://hoopshype.com/2015/08/20/nikola-mir...is-yet-to-come/

There’s been a lot of rumors about the poor relationship between Derrick Rose and Jimmy Butler. What can you say about that?

NM: (Laughs) Actually, I’m surprised that people write about it. Their relationship is very, very good. They are the leaders of our team and get along real, real well. You can see there’s very good communication between them in games and practices. There’s never been any problem between them that I have seen.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 04:21 PM)
Good Nik interview. One quote stood out.

http://hoopshype.com/2015/08/20/nikola-mir...is-yet-to-come/

The Bulls have no credibility when it comes to talking about animosity behind the scenes. I don't believe any of the guys because I dont know what they may be told to say and by whom.