2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
No one's saying don't question him. He's 2/5 right now in NBA Finals. Go ahead and question that. Don't question the fact that some of his greatest gifts are getting his teammates involved and being a f***ing basketball genius. The last two games he decided to forget trying to get some losers on his roster going and went out there and got it.

He's probably the best team player in the history of the league, and yes, he can take the f*** the game over when he wants.

77 games

27.2 ppg

7.5 rpg

7 apg

50%

over 1,000 career regular season games. But he's not leveraging his gifts. You GMAFB and come back with an argument that's actually valid.

And that's the point, he doesn't always do that, sometimes to his teams detriment. This series should be over based on his play the first 4 games. Gaudy stats or not (which btw, he frequently has the quietest, least effective dominant statistical games of any great player I can remember), for HIS potential and HIS physical dominance, he should be better. I'm not sure why that's not a valid criticism. We criticize guys that have good stats all the time for not reaching their potential, even if that potential is still hall of fame, greatest of all time caliber. You can be impressed and respect his accomplishments but still wonder why he left so much on the plate.

Again, the dude is the best physical specimen the NBA has ever seen. He shows time and time again that when he asserts himself, he's unstoppable. On top of the constant whining, b****ing and flopping, the dude doesn't always play to 100% of what he can be. That's incredibly frustrating as a fan, which is why I despise his style of play. That doesn't mean i can't awe at some of the things he does, but I sure as hell don't see the need to ROOT for that crap.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 03:11 PM)
According to ESPN the Knicks are interested in trading for Derek.

Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it,

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)
Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it,

This. All of this.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
Knicks fans on twitter seem to think they would be elevated to be one of the powerhouses if they were to land Rose.

Afflalo supposedly opting out. How about Afflalo, Calderon, and a 2nd rounder for Rose and Tony Snell. Afflalo opts out, Calderon owed $7 million this year but Bulls could be players in free agency.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
Afflalo supposedly opting out. How about Afflalo, Calderon, and a 2nd rounder for Rose and Tony Snell. Afflalo opts out, Calderon owed $7 million this year but Bulls could be players in free agency.

Not a lot out there though, that's the problem.

http://hoopshype.com/2016/05/03/nba-free-a...he-top-players/

I am really, really not excited about Bulls positioning themselves to be players for free agency. We have been down that road too many times and found out what that leads to. They need to rebuild however they can with acquiring high draft picks. They are not built to contend in the next few years so why fight to be middle of the road without making any progress on building for the future?

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 04:03 PM)
I am really, really not excited about Bulls positioning themselves to be players for free agency. We have been down that road too many times and found out what that leads to. They need to rebuild however they can with acquiring high draft picks. They are not built to contend in the next few years so why fight to be middle of the road without making any progress on building for the future?

Agreed. That's why I want GarPax fired more than anything. I want a new story and a new philosophy. This strategy of going for it and failing in free agency is horrible.

This is what I'd do if possible: Once Gasol opts out, they have $26 million in space. Ideally, the Rose thing is true. Rose and Snell to Knicks for Calderon, Afflalo, and 2 2nd rounders. That clears $15 million more. Trade Taj Gibson without taking any money in return. Bulls would have $50 million in cap space. I would not trade Butler for that Wolves package without Wiggins but I'd probably do it to the Celtics for Bradley, Crowder, and #3. Could be an interesting offseason. It's going to suck when they sign Harrison Barnes to a max deal and do nothing else though haha

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 04:16 PM)
This is what I'd do if possible: Once Gasol opts out, they have $26 million in space. Ideally, the Rose thing is true. Rose and Snell to Knicks for Calderon, Afflalo, and 2 2nd rounders. That clears $15 million more. Trade Taj Gibson without taking any money in return. Bulls would have $50 million in cap space. I would not trade Butler for that Wolves package without Wiggins but I'd probably do it to the Celtics for Bradley, Crowder, and #3. Could be an interesting offseason. It's going to suck when they sign Harrison Barnes to a max deal and do nothing else though haha

I don't think the Bulls move Butler (although I wouldn't mind if they did)

Seriously, at least we'd get a new narrative out of this offseason if the rest of this happened. Can you be GM?

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 04:18 PM)

Seriously, at least we'd get a new narrative out of this offseason if the rest of this happened. Can you be GM?

I guess Afflalo can't be included because he's opting out. Either way though, Bulls could take on Calderon.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 04:18 PM)

Butler is the only thing watchable on this team. If they move Butler I'm out.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 05:01 PM)

So you'd be more likely to watch Butler on a .500 Bulls team with no championship aspirations then some promising young guys building something? Nobody wants to just trade Butler. It's probably worth it if they get what they want though.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 05:01 PM)

That's fine. You're not alone. You'll be back.

I'm not saying we move Butler either, but if the Bulls get the right offer, no one is untouchable.