2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 06:45 AM)
My dad was trying to tell me LeBron easily ranks under Kareem, Wilt, Magic, Bird...Then he pulled out Russell, West and Baylor...Then Kobe and played the "I saw them play!" card.

I also done a s*** ton of NBA history research. I still say only MJ and aKareem have concrete spots above him.

Bird? He wouldn't even get a shot off against LeBron.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 06:45 AM)
My dad was trying to tell me LeBron easily ranks under Kareem, Wilt, Magic, Bird...Then he pulled out Russell, West and Baylor...Then Kobe and played the "I saw them play!" card.

I also done a s*** ton of NBA history research. I still say only MJ and aKareem have concrete spots above him.

Jordan is automatic and I can buy Kareem, Wilt and maybe Magic. But if people like it or not, Russell will always have a leg up with the media and such cause of the 11 championships. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is. Pretty much why rankings are meaningless minus the top 3. People will put LeBron around 3-10 still.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 08:05 AM)
Bird? He wouldn't even get a shot off against LeBron.

Larry Bird's career stats vs Scottie Pippen: 14 G, 26 PPG 8 RPG 6 APG, 50% FG and 87% from the line.

Larry Bird's career stats vs Dennis Rodman: 15 G, 25 PPG, 8 RPG, 7 APG, 49% FG, 95% FT.

Yeah, no way he could get off a shot against Lebron.... Jesus Christ.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 10:11 AM)
So, probably gonna let this thread ride today for any more championship talk then close before the draft, just FYI.

Smart. The draft is the official kickoff of the season imo.