2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
You guys realize that in 8 months we're going to be bumping this series of posts after he somehow is a key player in beating the Bulls in the playoffs after a mediocre, otherwise little-noticed season, right?

Oh duh, he'll show up vs. the Bulls. Not the west.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 06:20 PM)
Put Pierce and Lawson with LeBron and I'd hype them up too. #wegotBobbyPortis

That's cause they aren't a s***ty vet min piece. You literally just had to say they'll presumably have Kylie/love for a playoff run and instead hyped up two garbage players and s*** all over actual acquisitions.

If you guys didn't see, LeBron is putting 1100 Akron kids through college at the University of Akron. The tuition cost would be roughly $41.3M. It's not out of pocket supposedly (he has an agreement with the school) but DAMN if that isn't amazing thing by him. I'll always sports-hate him, but holy s*** he really is an amazing person.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
If you guys didn't see, LeBron is putting 1100 Akron kids through college at the University of Akron. The tuition cost would be roughly $41.3M. It's not out of pocket supposedly (he has an agreement with the school) but DAMN if that isn't amazing thing by him. I'll always sports-hate him, but holy s*** he really is an amazing person.

Nope, the Decision. Can't ever let that go. Run your coach off? Cheat on your wife? Punch teammates in the face? Call a guy YOU drafted a flaming f***ing f*****? Gambling to the point you may have gotten your father wacked? That's ok.

I heard like less than 100 of them accepted the offer. Nice gesture thoufg

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
Nope, the Decision. Can't ever let that go. Run your coach off? Cheat on your wife? Punch teammates in the face? Call a guy YOU drafted a flaming f***ing f*****? Gambling to the point you may have gotten your father wacked? That's ok.

JordanHater4Life

Generous, sure. Amazing? I don't buy it. Generosity does not erase all the dickish crap he's done in the past. Before J4L jumps me, I don't consider guys like Jordan or Kobe amazing either.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 06:00 AM)
Generous, sure. Amazing? I don't buy it. Generosity does not erase all the dickish crap he's done in the past. Before J4L jumps me, I don't consider guys like Jordan or Kobe amazing either.

What dickish crap outside the decision? I'm with J4L on this. I hate him cuz he kills the Bulls. No other reason to in my eyes.

To me, this means more than The Decision. He is literally changing, and maybe saving, some kids lives forever. The basketball stuff is what it is. It is entertainment. Putting 100+ kids through college, that is real.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)
Pretty sure people are able to enjoy having LeBron as a heel on the basketball court and appreciate he's a good human off of it. I'm sure Karl Malone and Reggie Miller were nice too.

Not sure if you're serious about Malone, but he's a scumbag off the court.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 05:00 AM)

Why don't you go ahead and list out "all the dickish crap he's done in the past"?

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)
Pretty sure people are able to enjoy having LeBron as a heel on the basketball court and appreciate he's a good human off of it. I'm sure Karl Malone and Reggie Miller were nice too.

How is he a heel on the basketball court? He's f***ing amazing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 08:46 PM)
Noah was on the news today as he provided back to school clothes for s bunch of kids. It could be offseason fluff, but he seemed genuinly excited about his legs feeling much stromger.

I'm sure he's in the best shape of his life.

LBJ is twice the human Jordan ever was. On the court, MJ > James (skill-sets different though) but Lebron, who I rooted against like no other in Miami (and will do so again with Cleveland) has handled his fame very well and learned from his mistakes. Not to mention, his mistakes were not anything that actually negatively hurt people (just a PR fiasco).

LBJ last season, with all the injuries to the Cavs, wasn't a heal, he was a lot like LBJ from the early Cavs teams, an incredible player trying to drive the underdog story. Next season though, with the healthy cast, I agree LBJ probably goes back a bit to being a "heal" but not near the "heal" he was during the Heat era and again, none if it takes away from this awesome and amazing gesture he made.