2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 11:10 AM)
Let me get this straight, he broke in and slipped something in her drink?? At what point after someone "broke into your house" are you taking a drink?

Super fishy.

Based upon the case filed...he invited her over to his place and when their, slipped her something in her drink, expecting it to go down at his place. She wasn't interested, took a cab back home, and they followed her to her home and broke in and she has flash memories of what happened and woke up to an awful scene and her roommate (who wasn't home at the time...got home in the AM and their were some people still their...presume Rose wasn't one of them). She also indicates she got a call a month later from one of the people, who was apologetic saying he wasn't aware she was drugged and thought she wanted it (as that is what Rose and his friends do when they are in LA...they find groupies that want to sleep with all of them).

Apparently for a long time Rose had wanted her to do things with him and his boys (and I presume since these were messages...their could actually be evidence backing up that stuff). Again, doesn't prove what she is claiming, but even if the rape part isn't true, I presume the other stuff is probably true and is already damning to his image. Her story for why she didn't go to police isn't exactly uncommon (claims to be from a very christian family and was ashamed).

One thing that was weird was she indicated a moment where Rose played in a game (2013), which I don't think happened (August 2013).

Rose has already admitted they had a relationship and it was non-exclusive.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 01:12 PM)
Based upon the case filed...he invited her over to his place and when their, slipped her something in her drink, expecting it to go down at his place. She wasn't interested, took a cab back home, and they followed her to her home and broke in and she has flash memories of what happened and woke up to an awful scene and her roommate (who wasn't home at the time...got home in the AM and their were some people still their...presume Rose wasn't one of them). She also indicates she got a call a month later from one of the people, who was apologetic saying he wasn't aware she was drugged and thought she wanted it (as that is what Rose and his friends do when they are in LA...they find groupies that want to sleep with all of them).

Apparently for a long time Rose had wanted her to do things with him and his boys (and I presume since these were messages...their could actually be evidence backing up that stuff). Again, doesn't prove what she is claiming, but even if the rape part isn't true, I presume the other stuff is probably true and is already damning to his image. Her story for why she didn't go to police isn't exactly uncommon (claims to be from a very christian family and was ashamed).

Gotcha, yeah that makes a little more sense.

Still I can't see this going anywhere 2 years later. No rape kit, no toxicology, no evidence. Did it happen? Maybe, but your gonna be hard pressed to come up with any proof it did.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 11:17 AM)
Another huge difference between this and the Kane case is Rose's attorneys are calling this story outrageous. Kane's, as far as I have heard, have yet to say he didn't do anything criminal.

Yeah - Rose's camp seems to be out in front of this. Admit the relationship but said it was consensual and that their is no basis. Also specifically point out that she is on her 3rd attorney and they are advising her because it is a money grab. That said, none of us know.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 01:23 PM)
Yeah - Rose's camp seems to be out in front of this. Admit the relationship but said it was consensual and that their is no basis. Also specifically point out that she is on her 3rd attorney and they are advising her because it is a money grab. That said, none of us know.

Yeah, the girl who does the updates on the score or espn, initials JD, is apparently a former lawyer, or studied law, and she said she would be surprised if anyone took this case. I can't see there being anyway she can win regardless of whether or not it happened.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 01:32 PM)
Yeah, the girl who does the updates on the score or espn, initials JD, is apparently a former lawyer, or studied law, and she said she would be surprised if anyone took this case. I can't see there being anyway she can win regardless of whether or not it happened.

Julie DiCaro. She said it is basically a he said-she said case, and the girl will have to provide proof of this happening. But apparently the girl has some witnesses and texts and such, but not a lot to go on from what we know

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)
Let me get this straight, he broke in and slipped something in her drink?? At what point after someone "broke into your house" are you taking a drink?

Super fishy.

Someone broke into your house and you reported it two years later....But not for criminal purposes, for money

"17. Rose started asking Jane to perform masturbatory acts while on Skype, which made her uncomfortable. Rose would get upset and berate her for refusing, so Jane stopped Skyping with him.

a. When Jane confided in her friends about her discomfort with his request, they told her that it was normal for couples to do that. Jane began to believe that there was something wrong with the prudish way she was raised. Jane was brought up in a traditional, religious household where a woman should have sex with only one person - her spouse. She had not masturbated before and thought only guys did it and coudl not imagine herself doing it."

Riiiiiiiiighhhhhhttt. Innocent little princess who just happens to start f***ing an NBA player. So pure and innocent i'm sure.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
"17. Rose started asking Jane to perform masturbatory acts while on Skype, which made her uncomfortable. Rose would get upset and berate her for refusing, so Jane stopped Skyping with him.

a. When Jane confided in her friends about her discomfort with his request, they told her that it was normal for couples to do that. Jane began to believe that there was something wrong with the prudish way she was raised. Jane was brought up in a traditional, religious household where a woman should have sex with only one person - her spouse. She had not masturbated before and thought only guys did it and coudl not imagine herself doing it."

Riiiiiiiiighhhhhhttt. Innocent little princess who just happens to start f***ing an NBA player. So pure and innocent i'm sure.

This just keeps getting stranger.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 02:07 PM)
Yeah...that sounds really bad. No idea what kind of proof exists but I presume she has a lot of the messages that go with that stuff. I was going to say, one reason I would never say never (aside from the fact that we don't know Rose) is that he doesn't exactly strike you as someone who surrounds himself with the best and the brightest. You would think his brother would have been all over him about stuff like this and would be smarter (since he is the cash train). If rose did this, I hope he loses everything and rots in prison.

If he did it, he will not go to prison because the accuser has not pursued criminal charges

“In May 2013, according to the lawsuit, the woman said she traveled to Chicago with Rose and that they went to dinner with a friend “at his house after the game he played in ended.” Rose, however, missed the entire the 2012-13 season with an injury and, consequently, did not play in May.”

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 28, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
“In May 2013, according to the lawsuit, the woman said she traveled to Chicago with Rose and that they went to dinner with a friend “at his house after the game he played in ended.” Rose, however, missed the entire the 2012-13 season with an injury and, consequently, did not play in May.”

You'd think the lawyer would fact-check something so simple like that.

A writer for a small website speculated that the Bulls should trade for Rudy Gay. That led to all these Facebook/Twitter posts reading "BREAKING: Bulls pursuing trade for Rudy Gay."

My point is, if you see anything like that, don't believe it; it's all speculation.

That being said, Gibson and McDermott for Gay- who says no?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)
A writer for a small website speculated that the Bulls should trade for Rudy Gay. That led to all these Facebook/Twitter posts reading "BREAKING: Bulls pursuing trade for Rudy Gay."

My point is, if you see anything like that, don't believe it; it's all speculation.

That being said, Gibson and McDermott for Gay- who says no?

Steve (from this forum) once started a rumor that Rose will return sometime in January of the first year he got injured and that blew up lol