2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)
A writer for a small website speculated that the Bulls should trade for Rudy Gay. That led to all these Facebook/Twitter posts reading "BREAKING: Bulls pursuing trade for Rudy Gay."

My point is, if you see anything like that, don't believe it; it's all speculation.

That being said, Gibson and McDermott for Gay- who says no?

Brings back memories of Rick Majerus on TV discussing the draft Gay was in and proclaiming, "I am not a Gay guy". The others on the set were trying not to laugh.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 08:47 AM)
Steve (from this forum) once started a rumor that Rose will return sometime in January of the first year he got injured and that blew up lol

It was April. It was on the Score and the post was liked 25,000 times.

Got some decent ad revenue out of that.

I am glad I focused my time on things other than that stupid website and OOTP and began to kick ass in my career.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)

I am glad I focused my time on things other than that stupid website and OOTP and began to kick ass in my career.

Thanks a lot, you got my hopes up so much...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)

Nearly as productive was that time I posted a random Kate Upton pic in the comments section to distract people and we started getting google hits on "Kate Upton naked". :lol:

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)
A writer for a small website speculated that the Bulls should trade for Rudy Gay. That led to all these Facebook/Twitter posts reading "BREAKING: Bulls pursuing trade for Rudy Gay."

My point is, if you see anything like that, don't believe it; it's all speculation.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
NO idea if this is legit or not, but rumor is a deal of Gibson/Dougie for Gay and draft picks is possible.

http://www.bullstimes.com/bulls-trade-rumo...cking-up-steam/

*rolls eyes*

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 10:25 AM)
What's different about it?

New font, bigger center court logo, removed the basketball from the center logo, added Chicago stars to baseline, changed the wood color, changed the color of the foul line, 3-point line, etc.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 10:28 AM)
New font, bigger center court logo, removed the basketball from the center logo, added Chicago stars to baseline, changed the wood color, changed the color of the foul line, 3-point line, etc.

Geez, good catches. I had looked at the Zach Lowe article on court designs a couple of days ago but didn't really see anything different.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 10:25 AM)
What's different about it?

Assuming the image on the ticket page is what the court will actually look like, compare it to the design here:

http://grantland.com/features/nba-court-de...power-rankings/

Looks like they perhaps made the logo at center court a little bigger and got rid of the basketball behind it. Black lines on the court, instead of white in the paint with red arcs and a red halfcourt line. More understated font on the baselines, and the stars of the Chicago flag on the bottom sideline.

Not sure I agree with making the lines all black. The stars are a cool touch though, and maybe they wouldn't have looked as good if the court still had red and white lines.

Chicago Bulls forward Taj Gibson told reporters Saturday he played through a torn ligament in his left ankle last season.

Gibson underwent surgery on the ankle in mid-June.

“When (the doctor) finally went in during surgery, he was astounded how I was able to still play,” Gibson said Saturday, according to the Chicago Tribune. “He said he never knew anybody who could play through so much pain. I just thought it was normal. He was surprised I was even able to run or lift off it. That’s how bad it was.”

Gibson wants to be ready for training camp by the end of September, but the Tribune reports Bulls coaches and executives prefer a “cautious approach.”

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 10, 2015 -> 07:00 PM)
Me neither, the red lines were cool.

Eh, it's an ode to the old Chicago Stadium. I noticed all the older folks who were able to see a game at Chicago Stadium love it. Younger folks hate it. Don't worry, that's the same reaction the older folks had when the court at the United Center was revealed.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 05:47 PM)
Chicago Bulls forward Taj Gibson told reporters Saturday he played through a torn ligament in his left ankle last season.

Gibson underwent surgery on the ankle in mid-June.

“When (the doctor) finally went in during surgery, he was astounded how I was able to still play,” Gibson said Saturday, according to the Chicago Tribune. “He said he never knew anybody who could play through so much pain. I just thought it was normal. He was surprised I was even able to run or lift off it. That’s how bad it was.”

Gibson wants to be ready for training camp by the end of September, but the Tribune reports Bulls coaches and executives prefer a “cautious approach.”

A cautious approach would be best. Noah/Gasol/Niko/Portis will be fine while he recovers.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 06:25 PM)
Eh, it's an ode to the old Chicago Stadium. I noticed all the older folks who were able to see a game at Chicago Stadium love it. Younger folks hate it. Don't worry, that's the same reaction the older folks had when the court at the United Center was revealed.

I don't think anyone hates it. I like every part of the redesign and it's a definite improvement. Just wish they could have kept the red and white lines.