LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)

jasonxctf

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't explain it, but John Danks starting + me in attendance = Sox victory this year. Every time. This will be the 5th.

Also hoping Scioscia has the tact to get Gillaspie into the game so we can give him the standing O he deserves.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 11:33 AM)
Post ASB ERA:

Sale: 6.39

Samardzija: 6.96

Rodon: 6.75

Quintana: 3.24

Danks: 3.16

He's been our best pitcher (though looking at those ugly numbers it wasn't that difficult to do).

Man, Q is a model of consistency. I think it's time I buy his jersey.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 11:30 AM)
I can't explain it, but John Danks starting + me in attendance = Sox victory this year. Every time. This will be the 5th.

Also hoping Scioscia has the tact to get Gillaspie into the game so we can give him the standing O he deserves.

Yikes, Conor must be annoyed that we put out 3 lefties for this series... but with our rotation, you have to expect that.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 12:34 PM)
Yikes, Conor must be annoyed that we put out 3 lefties for this series... but with our rotation, you have to expect that.

He's batting .185 with LAAA, so the bench is where he belongs.

Lately, Danks has been even more impressive than the ERA. In his last 7 starts, he didn't give up any runs, in 3 of them. In a 4TH start, he gave up just 1 run.

He did get bombed in 2 starts, giving up 6 runs in each, but I'll take that kind of overall performance, from the Fifth Starter, any time.

In his last start, I didn't see the whole game, but I noticed that he was hitting 92 and 93 MPH, on a few pitches. Perhaps his strength and velocity are getting back to his pre-injury level. If he can maintain his recent velocity, and continue to locate, he'll be able to contribute, going forward.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 06:51 PM)
Lately, Danks has been even more impressive than the ERA. In his last 7 starts, he didn't give up any runs, in 3 of them. In a 4TH start, he gave up just 1 run.

He did get bombed in 2 starts, giving up 6 runs in each, but I'll take that kind of overall performance, from the Fifth Starter, any time.

In his last start, I didn't see the whole game, but I noticed that he was hitting 92 and 93 MPH, on a few pitches. Perhaps his strength and velocity are getting back to his pre-injury level. If he can maintain his recent velocity, and continue to locate, he'll be able to contribute, going forward.

Glad to see Danks getting his props in this thread. Yes he could get rocked tonight, but his performance has been encouraging.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 11:30 AM)

Yikes, I hope you're kidding.

He's batting 8th tonight.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
I like Thompson getting in the OF, while giving the OF's a run at a DH day.

I'd love to see him getting regular ABs the rest of the way. Rotate him among the OFers and give them rest or have him DH.