8/12 Games

royoung

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 10:54 PM)
Same with Hanleth Otano, which is much more surprising given his performance.

The Arizona League team won its division in the first. I'm assuming they are adding prospects to the roster to get some playoff experience. That seems to be the org. way, even in the Arizona League.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 10:54 PM)
Same with Hanleth Otano, which is much more surprising given his performance.

I was advocating Ramon Beltre to move up since the beginning of the year. Surprised he is still down there. (another year at that)

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 10:00 PM)
Nice catch. Wasn't listed in the AZL Transactions. Sneaky.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think I am more excited by seeing some of the signings from the DSL start to hit the states, and not only a guy like Micker who was a big time signing, but guys who didn't get seven figure bonuses. What a huge shot in the arm for the system to have these guys start filling up our minor league system when we went for a period of years with literally no talent coming from Latin America.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 10:49 AM)
I don't know about anyone else, but I think I am more excited by seeing some of the signings from the DSL start to hit the states, and not only a guy like Micker who was a big time signing, but guys who didn't get seven figure bonuses. What a huge shot in the arm for the system to have these guys start filling up our minor league system when we went for a period of years with literally no talent coming from Latin America.

It really is exciting. The system has made huge strides, but hopefully it can come even farther.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 11:25 AM)
It really is exciting. The system has made huge strides, but hopefully it can come even farther.

Oh I know we have work to do, but the system has always lacked depth. Seeing all of this young competition come in is just great for our future. Even if it only means one or two additional guys make the majors, it is huge for us.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 12:27 PM)
Oh I know we have work to do, but the system has always lacked depth. Seeing all of this young competition come in is just great for our future. Even if it only means one or two additional guys make the majors, it is huge for us.

Sigh.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 09:20 PM)
Maiker Feliz playing for Az Sox now

Is it wise to bring him up now?

Correct me if I am wrong here. We sign a guy out of high school or less, we control him for 5 years in the minors before we either add him to the 40 man roster or risk losing him in the draft.

Bringing him up now means that five year clock is now running, so we lose a year of control all for having him on the AZL roster for 15 games or so.

Edited by oldsox

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 07:32 PM)
Is it wise to bring him up now?

Correct me if I am wrong here. We sign a guy out of high school or less, we control him for 5 years in the minors before we either add him to the 40 man roster or risk losing him in the draft.

Bringing him up now means that five year clock is now running, so we lose a year of control all for having him on the AZL roster for 15 games or so.

The Sox would know by the time Feliz is 22 whether he's worth protecting or not.