Chris Tannehill/Score trying to make Harrelson look bad...?

caulfield12

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)
http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2015/8/13...royals#comments

Kind of pathetic that you are disrespecting your own station's "home team" to help reporters write a story ripping aforementioned team's most famous broadcaster.

You can guarantee this wouldn't happen if the White Sox were still going to be on the Score next year.

They have been extra pissy since they lost the White Sox broadcast. No big surprise as their entire schtick is this kind of broadcasting. I can't wait for the Sox to move so I can take them off of my dial.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 06:35 PM)
They have been extra pissy since they lost the White Sox broadcast. No big surprise as their entire schtick is this kind of broadcasting. I can't wait for the Sox to move so I can take them off of my dial.

I'll still listen to Laurence, that's about it.

That article is pure garbage... hosmer better than Abreu? lololol.

It's funny though.. Hawk is an opinionated guy.

If you act like a nice milk warm person then you are safe from criticism.

People (including this board) love to "Bash" (I never use that word but I will since its a popular one) Hawk.

Hawk is Hawk but this article .... please.

To be fair, the analysis they did isn't particularly convincing.

The weight ascribed to starting pitching is to be considered the same as an individual position?

What Hawk said is certainly a bit ridiculous, but I don't think it is as nearly as ridiculous as one might initially suggest.

The Royals have basically played 180 games of baseball at their current level. They've done it with a roster that is fairly unchanged from their previous 180 games of baseball or so, when they did pretty much suck. So is simply evaluating the rosters, position by position, and somewhat arbitrarily choosing an "edge," without really evaluating how big that edge is and cumulating them in any particularly logical manner, really any better of an analysis than what Hawk did?

Baseball is by far the weirdest and most difficult sport to predict in regards to evaluating a paper roster versus on-field results. Utilizing an on-paper analysis to support those very results is therefore by definition, an inaccurate an ineffective manner for such an evaluation.

This is part of what makes baseball great, to be honest.

The funny thing was they agreed with Hawk about every position except LF and Hawk did mention "with Gordon out". So postion wise it was at least really close, Hawk thinks the Sox have more talent, they might or might not, but he was absolutely correct in the execution part. If the Sox executed in KC, they probably win at least 2 if not all 3.

Never realized how many white sox fans don't like Hawk until I got to this message board.

I love Hawk... sure sometimes I want to strangle him... but he is on my side until all the way.

Another thing that's funny is people think Stone is go great or Hawk's victim...

Stone is a way bigger arse then Hawk.. I've heard this from more than a few people who have met both of them.

Edited by harkness

Anybody think Hawk will slip up and say something that may get him fired? He has said some pretty stupid things. The "Latin guys aren't funny in the clubhouse." comment. "Typical Asian motion. Deceptive!" when talking about a submarine asian pitcher. Saying "oriental" sounds kind of weird too.

I'm not saying those examples are offensive, but I can see him taking it a step further on accident and offending some people.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 03:16 AM)
Anybody think Hawk will slip up and say something that may get him fired? He has said some pretty stupid things. The "Latin guys aren't funny in the clubhouse." comment. "Typical Asian motion. Deceptive!" when talking about a submarine asian pitcher. Saying "oriental" sounds kind of weird too.

I'm not saying those examples are offensive, but I can see him taking it a step further on accident and offending some people.

Did he really say the Latin thing? That's getting close to fireable offense in the day and age of PC stuff. Hawk is an idiot for saying Sox have more talent though. I agree we might win two positions of the nine. Yes we have better starting pitching and they have a better pen. Their bench is way better.

Thing is even though our pitching is better, their scouts are so much better they absolutely know how to get our guys out and keep 'em in the park. So what happens is we basically lose every series against KC and almost every game. That's hard to do when you play 19 times.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
Never realized how many white sox fans don't like Hawk until I got to this message board.

I love Hawk... sure sometimes I want to strangle him... but he is on my side until all the way.

Another thing that's funny is people think Stone is go great or Hawk's victim...

Stone is a way bigger arse then Hawk.. I've heard this from more than a few people who have met both of them.

Hawk is a total douche so that's saying a lot of Stone.