8-14-15 Cubs vs Sox 3:10CDT (Hendricks vs Samardzija)

jasonxctf

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 11:48 PM)
People think that Alexei started it with waving his fingers at Strop. I wouldn't be shocked if he got hit tomorrow. Also why Strop celebrated towards him.

Doesn't make it ok to basically start playing with himself on the mound

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 06:50 PM)
What's he saving his pen for? The offseason?

This was Putnam's 3rd appearance in August.

Ventura and Cooper have been saving the pen all season.

Hahn made some savvy deals in the winter of 2013.

Last year, he or Williams or both decided to go all in for "proven veterans" and it was, predictably, a disaster. Unknown to Hahn/Williams, apparently, career years are rarely repeated and players get worse in their 30s.

And watch them do some extreme hero-worshiping this offseason...they'll go after some guy who made the NL All Start team - a real hero...the board will be gaga....and he'll be mediocre.

Oh you are preaching to the quire with me...

I love Robin as some kind of coach but he has been way over his head from day one.

He never wanted the job to begin with... now he doesn't want to fail and I don't blame him.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
Damn, if Sanchez doesn't look at that ball he could have beat it out

Sooo many times we don't do the little things to help win games. My wife even saw he was looking at the ball and not running!! Did any of the coaches or the GM see that and will anyone say anything to him?

This team just doesn't seam to know how to play the game!! Sorry but this team is almost unwatchable!!

Edited by Saufley

Cant wait to read through the thread. I missed the game today thankfully. Sounds like a game that might have been a bit frustrating when you want the Sox to win.

Seems like Shark reeked and LaRoche continues to suck. Just bat LaRoche ninth if you have to play him.

We're catching the Cubs at a very poor time, folks. They are red hot. We are red not.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 07:44 PM)
Cant wait to read through the thread. I missed the game today thankfully. Sounds like a game that might have been a bit frustrating when you want the Sox to win.

Seems like Shark reeked and LaRoche continues to suck. Just bat LaRoche ninth if you have to play him.

We're catching the Cubs at a very poor time, folks. They are red hot. We are red not.

Way to get the Trump reference in there at the end...like when Chris Sale had his SAT vocabulary word every post-game interview.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 09:14 PM)
Lol...come on now. One year of Shark at $15M isn't much of a risk.

I know you are joking. Amazingly though, somebody will give him 19-22 mill a year for 5 years. That GM should be fired the same day he signs Shark to that deal.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
At least we got Garcia and Montas back from Peavy.

If Samardzija finishes with a 5+ ERA, he might actually be better off accepting the QO for just one year.

Somebody will pay him. it's the way baseball works. In the offseason it'll sound like a great move to the fanbase of the team that acquires the great Shark. Reality will hit once the season starts. By June the fans and front office will desperately want to get rid of him.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 03:52 AM)
To be fair to Shark the last two teams he faced were the best team in the AL and the hottest team in the NL. Not like he got rocked by Boston and Colorado.

but if he wants to get paid for a #1 - Ace elite pitcher, they he needs to put up those kind of numbers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 06:34 PM)
Just saw the Strop celebration. I'll be disappointed if a message isn't sent by Ventura tomorrow. What a total scumbag.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 06:37 PM)
I wouldnt mind a good HBP to start off the game tomorrow.

That sure would be something... this rivalry hasn't had much drama since that whole Michael Barrett thing.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 06:38 PM)
Previous pitch, Montero comes put to the mound, him and strop set up a pick off attempt for alexei at 2b. Problem is the 2b and SS didn't bother to cover so Alexei just stands there and gives him the Dikembe finger wag. It was great, and Strop was furious.

That sounds funny. I guess Strop can't take a joke!

Well guys, if the offense scores 5 runs, that should be enough to win games. Samardzija is a little c*** and I hope no one signs his punk ass in the off season. He was throwing BP all day like he owed his cub buddies a shot at a 2nd wildcard. f*** HIM!

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 03:30 AM)
Well guys, if the offense scores 5 runs, that should be enough to win games. Samardzija is a little c*** and I hope no one signs his punk ass in the off season. He was throwing BP all day like he owed his cub buddies a shot at a 2nd wildcard. f*** HIM!

the sox should just give him a QO just for the comp pick. it is a win-win situation.

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 09:52 PM)
To be fair to Shark the last two teams he faced were the best team in the AL and the hottest team in the NL. Not like he got rocked by Boston and Colorado.

15.43 Era in august... don't care if he is facing the 1927 Yankees.

Shark is a mental midget. There will be a GM dumb enough to pay him $15M a year. Danks will have a better season than him.

Once again filling the holes from the NL just doesn't work. Their value declines to the point we can't trade them back to the NL.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 10:30 PM)

Whoa. Too much.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 06:43 AM)
Whoa. Too much.

It may be but the reality of the matter is he has been a s*** pitcher for his tenure with the White Sox. He has had some really good games but is wildly inconsistent. I am tired of his shenanigans. He wants to get paid, he needs to start pitching like he does. Have you ever seen a player in their contract year perform so poorly in your life?