8-14-15 Cubs vs Sox 3:10CDT (Hendricks vs Samardzija)

jasonxctf

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 05:07 PM)
Seems 90% of his big hits this year have been on offspeed pitches.

The fastball in on his hands or just under them...those are the balls he hasn't been able to turn on.

for sure he has a long swing at times. Gets himself in trouble. He's still young I'd be shocked if he never had at least one 120 wRC+ season.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you could see that coming leaving the bases loaded last inning.

The Sox are reaching the point that getting stuck with Samardzija next year is actually becoming a real possibility.

Six homers for the Cubs in their last seven innings.

Fowler with four xb hits alone in his last 4.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 10:12 PM)
Seriously this asshole comes out and says the team is just fine and we can compete for a Wild Card. Then pitches like garbage.

As much as I like his offense, it's getting to the point where if Soto is catching, the pitcher is going to do bad.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 04:12 PM)
Samardzija has been a complete bust. It's getting to the point that I don't think you can risk giving him a 15 million dollar option to re-establish his value.

It would be insane not to make him the qualifying offer. Best case is he declines it and if he accepts it you are on the hook for only one more year. Would be remarkably stupid not to make him that offer.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
As much as I like his offense, it's getting to the point where if Soto is catching, the pitcher is going to do bad.

Team is under .500 nobody lighting it up record wise behind the plate.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 04:12 PM)
Samardzija has been a complete bust. It's getting to the point that I don't think you can risk giving him a 15 million dollar option to re-establish his value.

he cost himself a lot of money with the way he's pitched this year. Guy came in with a huge chip on his shoulder and has pitched like s***. Goddamn peavy reincarnated

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
he cost himself a lot of money with the way he's pitched this year. Guy came in with a huge chip on his shoulder and has pitched like s***. Goddamn peavy reincarnated

No more Notre Dame a-holes!

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 05:17 PM)
Really need to come out and get at least one run this inning. Start us off right Melky.

We get a couple guys on and Hendricks is really in trouble and in danger of being pulled in the game. Quick inning and suddenly he's in a groove that could carry him a couple innings.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
faith day? Who is this marketing crew? Officially out of ideas.

Zombie Night/Zombie Bobblehead giveaway is going to be a huge success...since we'll be watching that game Sept 4th, the marketing people might actually notice but probably difficult finding sponsorship deals these days.

Clayton Richard continuing to warm up at the beginning of the inning.