White Sox @ Angels 9:05 PM CST

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 06:48 PM)
Anyone think his D would be better than Sanchez' at 2b? I think his bat will play out the same (more power/speed) when it's all said and done and he definitely has a bigger arm/range.

I think Sanchez is a premium defensive player...doubtful that Saladino could equal that. However, you'd want to evaluate his overall defensive and offensive production relative to league average at 2b unless your club was weighted so much on the defensive side that his offense was imperative.

To me, the the difference between he and Sanchez offensively isn't even worth entertaining the analysis.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
I think Sanchez is a premium defensive player...doubtful that Saladino could equal that. However, you'd want to evaluate his overall defensive and offensive production relative to league average at 2b unless your club was weighted so much on the defensive side that his offense was imperative.

To me, the the difference between he and Sanchez offensively isn't even worth entertaining the analysis.

So far Saladino has put up premium defense at 3rd.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
Anyone have a clue as to why Alexei's not bunting here?

He's a terrible bunter. But I really wish Robin used the double steal more. Avi is above average and Trayce has pretty good speed.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 09:27 PM)
He's a terrible bunter. But I really wish Robin used the double steal more. Avi is above average and Trayce has pretty good speed.

As Hawk said, he's a good bunter when he tries to bunt for a hit. Why not bunt for a hit? Put it toward third and even if you're out, it did the same trick as a sacrifice. Robin is f***ing clueless.