8.17 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 03:38 PM)
Micah is on the AZL roster for rehab, might play today.

This is good. I want to see him evaluated again in the bigs Asap.

And EJohnson needed to be here yesterday.

Mid August is time to find out what we have for 2016. September ain't long enough, and ST is illusory.

I fully expect them to botch this.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

Love Beltre and Perez. If Perez could keep this up, he could make some fringe top 100 list, he's already getting some love from around the league.

And my god Ricky Mota has been awful thus far. Striking out 30% of the time for a player with .030 ISO is unheard of even for a pitcher. And errors don't mean much at that level but kid's already have 30 errors in 55 games. He definitely has work cut out for him the next few years.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 11:36 PM)
This is good. I want to see him evaluated again in the bigs Asap.

And EJohnson needed to be here yesterday.

Mid August is time to find out what we have for 2016. September ain't long enough, and ST is illusory.

I fully expect them to botch this.

i and many other posters have said the same thing last week.

i just can't see why they are not doing this.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
Love Beltre and Perez. If Perez could keep this up, he could make some fringe top 100 list, he's already getting some love from around the league.

And my god Ricky Mota has been awful thus far. Striking out 30% of the time for a player with .030 ISO is unheard of even for a pitcher. And errors don't mean much at that level but kid's already have 30 errors in 55 games. He definitely has work cut out for him the next few years.

I think it is probably a little too early for that. Most top-100 prospect lists really do not include guys playing in the DSL for consideration.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 06:14 AM)
I think it is probably a little too early for that. Most top-100 prospect lists really do not include guys playing in the DSL for consideration.

A recent example would be Rafael Devers of the Red Sox. I think he was still in DSL last year and just made the top 100 this year. It's not likely, but I think he will get some consideration, considering the position he plays and the likelihood of him stick there, and his floor is relatively high given his ability to hit for average.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 10:50 AM)
Zangari probably cant be considered a legit prospect until he replicates this performance in Kanny and WS, right?

Well he is already the #20 best prospect in our system according to FutureSox's rankings, so a strong preformance in Kanny next year would probably elevate him to top 10 status. I would consider that "legit" ;)

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 11:04 AM)
Well he is already the #20 best prospect in our system according to FutureSox's rankings, so a strong preformance in Kanny next year would probably elevate him to top 10 status. I would consider that "legit" ;)

I meant more along the lines of a top 100 guy.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
I meant more along the lines of a top 100 guy.

Zangari won't even be in that discussion for a while, if ever (likely never). He's trouble defensively, and has weight issues (he's already heavier now than when he arrived, based on local reports, and he was thick to begin with).

I like him as a prospect, but there are probably 10-12 guys in the Sox system with a better shot at the Top 100 this offseason than Zangari has. And only maybe 2-4 of those would make it.

Is it possible that Brantly can hit Major League pitching? He's only 26. They play him at DH a lot so I assume he can't catch.

Am I wrong to think that the records of the DSL, ASL and PL are meaningful re the state of low minors and quality of drafts. They can always load up the full season teams with org. guys to boost records; but not the rookie leagues.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)
Is it possible that Brantly can hit Major League pitching? He's only 26. They play him at DH a lot so I assume he can't catch.

Am I wrong to think that the records of the DSL, ASL and PL are meaningful re the state of low minors and quality of drafts. They can always load up the full season teams with org. guys to boost records; but not the rookie leagues.

I haven't heard any recent reports on his defense but he is splitting time at catcher in Charlotte with Kevan Smith. He played almost entirely at catcher in Birmingham so I don't think it's a fair assumption that he "can't catch."

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 05:22 PM)

great idea and point.

i would like to also think of it this way, spread out the prospects, let them all get quality reps and continue their development. then analyze their performances at the season and see who are doing really good and who still needs help.

this is one thing that the sox FO has done extremely well.

too bad they can have that luck in finding hitters.