KW to Toronto?

GGajewski18

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great if Reinsdorf lets him interview there. I don't even think he let him do that last winter.

If next year ends up with no Kenny and Buddy, and a new coaching staff, I'd say that would be a huge change that needed to happen.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)
It would be great if Reinsdorf lets him interview there. I don't even think he let him do that last winter.

If next year ends up with no Kenny and Buddy, and a new coaching staff, I'd say that would be a huge change that needed to happen.

JR did not let KW interview for the job, you are correct there.

As for the bolded, this needs to happen to reboot the franchise imo.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 09:45 AM)
JR will probably decide that RH still needs a babysitter. Based on this season, hard not to see otherwise.

KW most likely had more influence on the free agency acquisitions and the Samardzija trade than Hahn did. If KW is 'babysitting' Hahn, we sure as hell need a new babysitter running the shots or just give Rick the chance to do his job properly. Its more than evident that things have gone stale with KW at the top. The organization needs a philosophical change and it starts with letting KW leave.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 10:16 AM)
KW most likely had more influence on the free agency acquisitions and the Samardzija trade than Hahn did. If KW is 'babysitting' Hahn, we sure as hell need a new babysitter running the shots or just give Rick the chance to do his job properly. Its more than evident that things have gone stale with KW at the top. The organization needs a philosophical change and it starts with letting KW leave.

Amen.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 09:44 AM)
Always been a KW fan, mainly because I like to see my team try to win every year. But it just hasn't worked, now going on quite some time. Take the job, Kenny.

This is pretty much how I feel. I love his aggressiveness but I just dont know how much longer he can live off of the equity built from the 05 championship.

I haven't been watching MLB Network today but apparently Nightengale was on and mentioned that he thought Kenny Williams would end up in Seattle or Toronto. It's interesting if true because Bob Nightengale has always been a mouthpiece for Kenny. May actually be some smoke here.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 09:45 AM)
JR will probably decide that RH still needs a babysitter. Based on this season, hard not to see otherwise.

Being that KW thought the Sox should buy at the deadline while Hahn wanted to sell, I would say that Kenny is the one that needs to be babysat.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 08:16 AM)

To me it's sort of like beating your head against the wall at this point. I really don't think you're going to see any major changes in the FO or in Robin and his staff in 2016. I think the fact that RV went 85-77 and almost won manager of the year in 2012 still matters more than his overall sub .500 performance. In fact, I think Tyler Flowers will be behind the plate and Adam LaRoche will be your DH/1B as well...or at least, we should not be surprised if that's the case.

Rick Hahn was a highly coveted commodity not so long ago -- he turned down the Cardinals and was ranked #1 GM prospect by SI and others. If we credit Hahn with the moves since October '12, then you have to say he's had some winners and losers but it's also fair to say that he deserves more time. For me the biggest question with Rick is this: Is he really in charge of the key decisions being made? Are Doug Lauman, Nick Capra and Buddy Bell the guys he wants? Is RV and/or anyone on his staff the guys he wants?

If the Sox made a splashy move and brought in a guy like Dombrowski then you would assume that every significant decision from there on out would be on his approval -- coaching staff, scouting, etc. If the Sox dumped at the deadline or went for it then you'd feel pretty sure that it was a Dombrowski decision. Right now it's tough to say.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)
To me it's sort of like beating your head against the wall at this point. I really don't think you're going to see any major changes in the FO or in Robin and his staff in 2016. I think the fact that RV went 85-77 and almost won manager of the year in 2012 still matters more than his overall sub .500 performance. In fact, I think Tyler Flowers will be behind the plate and Adam LaRoche will be your DH/1B as well...or at least, we should not be surprised if that's the case.

Rick Hahn was a highly coveted commodity not so long ago -- he turned down the Cardinals and was ranked #1 GM prospect by SI and others. If we credit Hahn with the moves since October '12, then you have to say he's had some winners and losers but it's also fair to say that he deserves more time. For me the biggest question with Rick is this: Is he really in charge of the key decisions being made? Are Doug Lauman, Nick Capra and Buddy Bell the guys he wants? Is RV and/or anyone on his staff the guys he wants?

If the Sox made a splashy move and brought in a guy like Dombrowski then you would assume that every significant decision from there on out would be on his approval -- coaching staff, scouting, etc. If the Sox dumped at the deadline or went for it then you'd feel pretty sure that it was a Dombrowski decision. Right now it's tough to say.

Nick Hostetler is definitely a Rick Hahn guy. I want KW to leave because I'd like to see Hahn run it on his own. He may fail but at least we'd have clarity as far as knowing who's responsible for the moves being made.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)
Nick Hostetler is definitely a Rick Hahn guy. I want KW to leave because I'd like to see Hahn run it on his own. He may fail but at least we'd have clarity as far as knowing who's responsible for the moves being made.

Exactly. Give Hahn autonomy. Let him hire his own manager, and let him craft the organization he wants. If he's only making moves in Kenny's vision, then they're doing it wrong. Quite frankly, I don't know why another team would want Kenny running it.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)
If we credit Hahn with the moves since October '12, then you have to say he's had some winners and losers but it's also fair to say that he deserves more time.

IF Rick Hahn wanted more time then he shouldn't have put himself in a position where his results could and should so readily be judged based on the 2015 season.

He's the one who spent big money. He's the one who traded for a pitcher a year away from FA. He's the one who said he had a roster ready to compete. He's the one who on July 31 said "If we keep playing like this we'll be right there in the end" while not making any move to build the team for now or the future.

I feel it entirely appropriate to judge Rick Hahn's performance based on his own words. He set the standard on July 31 that he should be held by.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)
IF Rick Hahn wanted more time then he shouldn't have put himself in a position where his results could and should so readily be judged based on the 2015 season.

He's the one who spent big money. He's the one who traded for a pitcher a year away from FA. He's the one who said he had a roster ready to compete. He's the one who on July 31 said "If we keep playing like this we'll be right there in the end" while not making any move to build the team for now or the future.

I feel it entirely appropriate to judge Rick Hahn's performance based on his own words. He set the standard on July 31 that he should be held by.

I still fail to see how the past offseason created inflexibility in regards to the framework of this team over the next few years. The whole purpose of the direction they took was to balance today with tomorrow. While I was not a fan of the LaRoche signing, it won't cripple us. The other deals are not blocking anyone who's knocking down the door at Charlotte, with the possible exception of Johnson, who can be brought up in less than 2 weeks.

I just can't understand why the fact that they took a shot on '15 and missed has some devastating consequences for '16 and '17.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 09:18 AM)
I still fail to see how the past offseason created inflexibility in regards to the framework of this team over the next few years. The whole purpose of the direction they took was to balance today with tomorrow. While I was not a fan of the LaRoche signing, it won't cripple us. The other deals are not blocking anyone who's knocking down the door at Charlotte, with the possible exception of Johnson, who can be brought up in less than 2 weeks.

I just can't understand why the fact that they took a shot on '15 and missed has some devastating consequences for '16 and '17.

Good post Shack. We see eye to eye on this.