8.19 White Sox @ Angels 9:05 CT

GGajewski18

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 10:01 PM)
Trout's due for a bomb against the Sox.

With the exception of his grand slam against Sale last year, I don't really remember him hurting us too much. Just checked his career splits, and among teams he's played at least 20 games against (basically all of the AL teams), he has the lowest OPS against us (.818) in 27 games and 113 PA. Of course it's still a pretty small sample size.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 08:18 PM)
So how does it work? As long as the sox make a qualifying offer and he rejects the sox are compensated with the signing teams first round pick?

The team that makes the qualifying offer that gets declined receives a sandwich pick as long as that player is signed by the date of the next draft.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 03:38 AM)
I really really really really hate to say this but Flowers and CERA just might be something to it.

Flowers is an adequate catcher in today's major league baseball. Very few catchers can hit a lick. He has been much worse this year, admittedly. His homer numbers are down.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 03:43 AM)
Two RBI opportunities and two hacking at the first pitch.

Seriously... the execution is just not there.

The White Sox to the naked eye are a.) poorly coached. b.) poorly put together (no power no speed no defense) and poor emotionally (players do not do the little things, do not really do anything to help the team win). The only thing this team has been decent at is winning games in extra innings.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)
So how does it work? As long as the sox make a qualifying offer and he rejects the sox are compensated with the signing teams first round pick?

yes - IF someone signs him by a certain date (sometime in June I think).

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
yes - IF someone signs him by a certain date (sometime in June I think).

Actually no they get a compensation pick between the 1st annd 2nd round . Don't know how they figure out the pick but it'll probably be in the low 30's. The team signing him gives up their 1st round pick and all other team just move up in order .