GAME THREAD 8/20: SOX @ LAA

cabiness42

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 04:55 AM)
Sorry all those rooting for the higher draft pick. If you want the Sox to suck the rest of the way why is it I see so many comments about how bad the Sox suck at everything, Wouldn't you be cheering when the Sox screw up ?

Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing. Draft picks are too volatile to care about. Give me signings of foreign players and give me free agents (with a front office that can actually project ability instead of signing low impact guys like Dunn, LaRoche and Melky (no power).

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 04:55 AM)
Sorry all those rooting for the higher draft pick. If you want the Sox to suck the rest of the way why is it I see so many comments about how bad the Sox suck at everything, Wouldn't you be cheering when the Sox screw up ?

for me, the impression i am getting is, if the sox keep loosing, might as well do it for the draft pick, esp if it is protected top 10.

i think, i see for the most part disgruntle fans trying to look at the bright side .

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 05:11 AM)
Perhaps for the team but not for your blood pressure, Fathom.

If I was going to root for them to lose I think I would have to simply avoid watching.

At this point, by no means am I mad if they win. That's usually only last two weeks if they are eliminated

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 05:26 AM)
Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing. Draft picks are too volatile to care about. Give me signings of foreign players and give me free agents (with a front office that can actually project ability instead of signing low impact guys like Dunn, LaRoche and Melky (no power).

draft picks is like a shot in the dark. all org hopes for the best. look at hawkins, look jace fry injured, 2nd tommy john surgery, and look brett austin, was a junior when drafted and imo has an extreme long shot to make it.

hard facts,

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 05:33 AM)
draft picks is like a shot in the dark. all org hopes for the best. look at hawkins, look jace fry injured, 2nd tommy john surgery, and look brett austin, was a junior when drafted and imo has an extreme long shot to make it.

hard facts,

Excellent post. I hate the team I root for to be a laughingstock and out of it so early in the season so I root for all wins in the hope someday we can compete with Central Division teams again.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 05:35 AM)
Excellent post. I hate the team I root for to be a laughingstock and out of it so early in the season so I root for all wins in the hope someday we can compete with Central Division teams again.

i posted this comment once before in the game thread this season. i get pissed at the sox if they even lose 1 game. i want them to go undefeated..... now is that a reasonable expectation????

i drink my sox kool aid. all the freaking time.

when the sox season ends, so does mine for watching baseball. i do not cheer for any other team come playoff time.

but i do follow the draft closely.

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 10:27 PM)
for me, the impression i am getting is, if the sox keep loosing, might as well do it for the draft pick, esp if it is protected top 10.

i think, i see for the most part disgruntle fans trying to look at the bright side .

Yawn. They'll draft another pitcher.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
Perhaps for the team but not for your blood pressure, Fathom.

If I was going to root for them to lose I think I would have to simply avoid watching.

That's kind of the point I was making. Those that want the higher draft pick want it all. Play good but lose and still get to whine about how bad they suck.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 05:00 AM)
That's kind of the point I was making. Those that want the higher draft pick want it all. Play good but lose and still get to whine about how bad they suck.

the daily life of a sox fan. :lol:

Good for the soul to finally win one in Anaheim.

Doesn't really matter if you root for them to win a "useless game" or suck for a higher draft pick, since we can't influence the outcome of a game anyway. When the management decides to spend an incredible amount of money on a washed-up rag like LaRoche, this train ain't going anywhere this or the next season.

But how is it possible that we haven't a single guy in the farm-system who occasionally can play 1st base and swing a bat better than LaRoche for a lot less money?