GAME THREAD 8/20: SOX @ LAA

cabiness42

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 05:28 PM)
I wonder if the Adam LaRoche benching continues tonight with Avi at DH and TT or JB in the outfield

It's too late now. Just let LaRoche keep playing. What will it hurt? See if he can either dip below .200 and maybe retire or actually get hot. He should be fined for not going to left field in crucial situations. His hitting philosophy is ridiculous. How the Sox scouts thought that guy could help the team is beyond me. Waste.Of.Money.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)
It's too late now. Just let LaRoche keep playing. What will it hurt? See if he can either dip below .200 and maybe retire or actually get hot. He should be fined for not going to left field in crucial situations. His hitting philosophy is ridiculous. How the Sox scouts thought that guy could help the team is beyond me. Waste.Of.Money.

Well they probably based it on the fact that he was pretty damn good for the previous years. It just didn't work out, like Dunn.

Can somebody ask the Elias or the Sox beat writers to check and see if the Sox lose tonight if it's the most times in a season they've been swept in 4 game series? Also the last time ANY TEAM has been swept in as many 4 game series in one season? I would think if they lose tonight it'll be the most 4-game series sweeps in one season since the 60s. Maybe it'll be a record. It's hard to lose 4 in a row to one team. Another reason Robin "should" be fired but won't be.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
Can somebody ask the Elias or the Sox beat writers to check and see if the Sox lose tonight if it's the most times in a season they've been swept in 4 game series? Also the last time ANY TEAM has been swept in as many 4 game series in one season? I would think if they lose tonight it'll be the most 4-game series sweeps in one season since the 60s. Maybe it'll be a record. It's hard to lose 4 in a row to one team. Another reason Robin "should" be fired but won't be.

They have been swept in one 4-game series this season. I doubt two is a record.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 08:38 PM)
They have been swept in one 4-game series this season. I doubt two is a record.

I'd be willing to bet you it's at least 45 years that the Sox have been swept two four game series in a season.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)
I'd be willing to bet you it's at least 45 years that the Sox have been swept two four game series in a season.

It happened three times in 2013, all courtesy of Cleveland. 6-28 thru 6-30 at home, 7-29 thru 8-1 away, 9-12 thru 9-15 home.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/...=2013&t=CHA

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
1999 White Sox, Swept At Oakland and home vs Seattle

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CH...le-scores.shtml

All that's left for me then is what other team has gotten swept in two 4 game series in the same year and when? I think if Sox lose tnight Robin should be fired. That would be an 0-8 record in a pair of 4 game series. You can't win divisions doing s*** like that. Team is too erratic.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 09:21 PM)
Let's go for that top ten pick in the draft, still hope Q has a good outing

What good is a damn draft pick? It's not like the Sox are close to winning anything with draft picks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 11:02 PM)
What good is a damn draft pick? It's not like the Sox are close to winning anything with draft picks.

Yep, the Astros/Royals/Cubs all suck after getting high picks for so many years.

As for me, I definitely think Danks will be better the next 3 years than Rodon will be.

PLEASE WIN MEANINGLESS GAMES WHITE SOX!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 05:02 PM)
All that's left for me then is what other team has gotten swept in two 4 game series in the same year and when? I think if Sox lose tnight Robin should be fired. That would be an 0-8 record in a pair of 4 game series. You can't win divisions doing s*** like that. Team is too erratic.

Well if the Sox get a top 10 pick and say sign Jason Heyward or Justin Upton, they would give up a 2nd round pick, instead of a 1st round pick.