GAME THREAD 8/20: SOX @ LAA

cabiness42

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 05:02 PM)
All that's left for me then is what other team has gotten swept in two 4 game series in the same year and when? I think if Sox lose tnight Robin should be fired. That would be an 0-8 record in a pair of 4 game series. You can't win divisions doing s*** like that. Team is too erratic.

The 2013 Twins were swept in a 4 game series four times.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/MI...le-scores.shtml

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, LaRoche definitely earned another start

1. Adam Eaton (L) CF

2. Tyler Saladino ® 3B

3. Jose Abreu ® DH

4. Melky Cabrera (S) LF

5. Avisail Garcia ® RF

6. Adam LaRoche (L) 1B

7. Alexei Ramirez ® SS

8. Geovany Soto ® C

9. Carlos Sanchez (S) 2B

All that's left for me then is what other team has gotten swept in two 4 game series in the same year and when? I think if Sox lose tnight Robin should be fired. That would be an 0-8 record in a pair of 4 game series. You can't win divisions doing s*** like that. Team is too erratic.

What good is a damn draft pick? It's not like the Sox are close to winning anything with draft picks.

Are you seriously asking this question or joking around?

What good is a damn draft pick? It's not like the Sox are close to winning anything with draft picks.

What good is Chris Sale or Carlos Rodon? A draft pick allows us to do what we're incapable of otherwise -- developing a potential superstar player. Is it a guarantee for success? Hell no. But why not put us in a better position to improve the team? Will you care come 2016 if the White Sox finish with five more losses if it meant an improvement of several draft slots?

But the White Sox aren't close to winning anything, anyways. Wise up and realize nothing from this point onward matters -- whether we finish with 81 wins or 69 itll be the same plan come next season

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 06:08 PM)
Well, LaRoche definitely earned another start

1. Adam Eaton (L) CF

2. Tyler Saladino ® 3B

3. Jose Abreu ® DH

4. Melky Cabrera (S) LF

5. Avisail Garcia ® RF

6. Adam LaRoche (L) 1B

7. Alexei Ramirez ® SS

8. Geovany Soto ® C

9. Carlos Sanchez (S) 2B

I just don't get it! He has proven he is not a positive for this lineup! Let the kids play! Admit the mistake and move on already! What a joke this team is!

Edited by Saufley

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 07:29 PM)
What good is Chris Sale or Carlos Rodon? A draft pick allows us to do what we're incapable of otherwise -- developing a potential superstar player. Is it a guarantee for success? Hell no. But why not put us in a better position to improve the team? Will you care come 2016 if the White Sox finish with five more losses if it meant an improvement of several draft slots?

But the White Sox aren't close to winning anything, anyways. Wise up and realize nothing from this point onward matters -- whether we finish with 81 wins or 69 itll be the same plan come next season

30 and 14 the rest of the way....wait that won't happen 14 and 30 more likely.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 08:21 PM)
That is why Gardenshire is now an usher for the Twins.

Looking back at that schedule again, they finished the season 5-20 and managed to get swept in two 4-game series in 11 days. Robin has his work cut out for him! :lol:

I take it back about all crews besides the Sox being lousy. The Angels 2 man booth isn't bad. Gubicza and some other guy are relatively entertaining. Their feed is ahead of the Sox feed by quite a bit so I've had them on during this s***storm of a series.

Despite the dominance they haven't been mocking the White Sox too much.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 03:30 AM)
I hope Sox consider trading Q for offense this winter.

Why don't we just sign that Cuban outfielder, sorry his name escapes me. Sounds like that guy could be a solution.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 11:05 PM)
PLEASE WIN MEANINGLESS GAMES WHITE SOX!

I get sick of the Sox losing all the time. And I'm not a draft guy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 11:30 PM)
The 2013 Twins were swept in a 4 game series four times.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/MI...le-scores.shtml

That is a remarkable stat. That team really must have reeked. That's 0-16 in just four series.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 03:54 AM)
Eddy Julio Martinez?

Yes sir. Him.