GAME THREAD 8/21: SOX @ SEA

cabiness42

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 06:06 AM)
They got in late. Fly into John Wayne, exit through LAX. Not sure if that's normal.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL2208

Wouldn't have been able to fly out of John Wayne. Last allowed departures are 10PM (arrivals are 11PM). If you are a second late, you aren't taking off or flying in (heavy heavy fines are levied). It is one of the most noise sensitive and noise controlled airports in the world.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)
Wouldn't have been able to fly out of John Wayne. Last allowed departures are 10PM (arrivals are 11PM). If you are a second late, you aren't taking off or flying in (heavy heavy fines are levied). It is one of the most noise sensitive and noise controlled airports in the world.

Interesting. Thanks.

I just got a ticket for $36 row 22 behind the Sox dugout for Sunday. Anyone else gonna be there? I sat same place last year and moved to the front row the ushers are pretty nice down there and you can hang by the dugout and interact with the players before the game. Safeco is a nice park. Last year there was a small contingent of Sox fans around.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 12:17 PM)
I just got a ticket for $36 row 22 behind the Sox dugout for Sunday. Anyone else gonna be there? I sat same place last year and moved to the front row the ushers are pretty nice down there and you can hang by the dugout and interact with the players before the game. US Cellular Field Safeco is a nice park. Last year there was a small contingent of Sox fans around.

Also true.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 07:17 PM)
I just got a ticket for $36 row 22 behind the Sox dugout for Sunday. Anyone else gonna be there? I sat same place last year and moved to the front row the ushers are pretty nice down there and you can hang by the dugout and interact with the players before the game. Safeco is a nice park. Last year there was a small contingent of Sox fans around.

I usually get my spouse to agree to a vacation to the Oregon and Washington coasts around the Sox being in Seattle. Couldn't swing it this year because of family reunions and she went earlier. Anyone know a good lawyer as this is unacceptable to me

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 07:17 PM)

Last time I was there I wore my Sox hat and some old guy ushers tried to run my out of the ballpark and throw me on the trains going by. However, I was able to fight them off until they ran out of breath.

But, then one old timer started talking about growing up in Chicago and being a fan of Nellie Fox so it wasn't all bad LOL

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)

Interesting. We fly in and out of there all the time when we head to Palm Springs, but I was never aware of that. I know we have gotten in there late, but not sure if it was ever close to 10 or 11.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
Interesting. We fly in and out of there all the time when we head to Palm Springs, but I was never aware of that. I know we have gotten in there late, but not sure if it was ever close to 10 or 11.

Surprised you don't fly into Ontario. I'd think it is a little closer (and they typically have quite a few flight options as well).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
Surprised you don't fly into Ontario. I'd think it is a little closer (and they typically have quite a few flight options as well).

We did that once or twice in the past, but now with kids we only fly non-stop and there are no directs into ONT. PSP is usually too expensive and LAX is a pain, so SNA wins. Plus, if you take the toll roads, it's a pretty easy drive.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
I usually get my spouse to agree to a vacation to the Oregon and Washington coasts around the Sox being in Seattle. Couldn't swing it this year because of family reunions and she went earlier. Anyone know a good lawyer as this is unacceptable to me

I agree with Hawk on that, the PNW is a beautiful part of the world. Especially this time of year. 9/10 days in august are 77 with a light breeze and sun.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 01:23 PM)
We did that once or twice in the past, but now with kids we only fly non-stop and there are no directs into ONT. PSP is usually too expensive and LAX is a pain, so SNA wins. Plus, if you take the toll roads, it's a pretty easy drive.

If you take both toll roads, you literally drive right past my house. I'm very very close to that 1st toll road you take. (Depending on if I'm thinking about the same toll roads you are). I presume you are talking about the big one that splits the mountains and drops into the 91.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 03:47 PM)
If you take both toll roads, you literally drive right past my house. I'm very very close to that 1st toll road you take. (Depending on if I'm thinking about the same toll roads you are). I presume you are talking about the big one that splits the mountains and drops into the 91.

Ha, funny, that sounds exactly like the way we go. Fill up the rental car at Costco on Jamboree which turns into the toll road.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)
Ha, funny, that sounds exactly like the way we go. Fill up the rental car at Costco on Jamboree which turns into the toll road.

Haha...you absolutely drive past my house (it isn't literally next to the toll road, but within walking distance). I literally walk over the bridge by the tollroad (by the portola exit so before you start going up the mountain) every weekend with my daughter as we head to the shopping center. My commute to / from work is basically from one end of Jamboree to the other.

Worthless history, but the road is actually named after the boyscout jamboree which was held in Newport (where Jamboree starts). It was the 3rd international jamboree and first held west of the Mississippi.

Sale coming off a 15-K performance, Felix coming off 2 IP ~10 ER. I say Mariners win 7-0. Felix CG SHO with just 3 hits allowed. Sale goes 5.1 innings, allowing 6 earned runs. I just don't trust Sale on the west coast.

Edited by Jose Abreu