GAME THREAD 8/23: SOX @ SEA

cabiness42

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 23, 2015 -> 07:00 PM)
Well if Danks didn't suck today... we probably have a shot at the game. A starter giving up 7 runs is a recipe for disaster... unless you're the Blue Jays.

I'll still give this team credit, they genuinely don't quit on games very often.

Starting with the game Friday, the Sox have 13 games against teams with losing records, Mariners twice, Red Sox, Twins. For them to have any hope, any chance at all for even a winning season I said they'd have to go at worst 10-3 in this stretch.

They've just used up one of those losses.

Mark

I see my boy, Danks, got rocked pretty good today. I still think he's a work in progress from the surgery. He is what he is ... a decent No. 5 starter. Now can he get good enough to be a 3 again? How the hell do I know? I am not a scout (of course the Sox scouts blow chunks as well).

It's the Sox's fault for giving him all that money, not Danks' fault. Anybody who gets a lot of money in the future (Shark ring a bell) is gonna be the next Soxtalk whipping boy. Almost nobody earns their $$$ in baseball nowadays.

I see LaRoche has 12 homers; Abreu 23. So LaRoche could still get hot and finish with 18-20 homers. Abreu could hit 30. I don't wish LaRoche ill will. If he could regain his stroke he might conribute next year. For him to contribute fully, they shoiuld let him play first and DH Abreu who is still not exactly graceful afoot at first, though I do love him as a player/hitter.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 23, 2015 -> 11:03 PM)
Starting with the game Friday, the Sox have 13 games against teams with losing records, Mariners twice, Red Sox, Twins. For them to have any hope, any chance at all for even a winning season I said they'd have to go at worst 10-3 in this stretch.

They've just used up one of those losses.

Mark

Finishing sub .500 with this many "name" players would classify as a very very disappointing season. Normally a fireable offense for the manager and coaches IMO.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2015 -> 10:47 PM)
Petricka gives up far too many hits. Definitely isn't a set-up man

He's just another guy. Fathom has a good read on our talent this year IMO. Unfortunately Saladino and Sanchez are Just Another Guy's as well. Ditto Flowers, Soto, Beckham. And I'm fearing Eaton, Garcia and Melky are teetering toward the Just Another Guy category which would would not bode well for our team's future.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 23, 2015 -> 08:57 PM)
Where is greg with his tongue in Danks ass?

You shouldn't say stuff like that. I am hetero. Also I am not a bad guy I just happen to love Danks. Why does that bother people so much??

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 23, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)
Sox dugout appears dead. Not much life in these dog days. Guys seem rather late to get on deck as well.

That's why our record is what it is. Think of how many games the Sox have zombied away. The good Sox some days; the bad Sox many others.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 23, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)
I know it shouldn't but it does amaze me how many seem irritated when Danks pitches well,a nd love to go on and on about him when he is pitching poorly. He is a 5th starter. Look around the league. Not many of them are contending for a Cy Young.

Excellent post. It irritates me that so many are irritated when he pitches well. I don't understand the Danks hate. If he hadn't gotten hurt and had to have surgery he'd have earned his salary. He's a five starter. Deal with it. Sox could eat the money and not pitch him. They elect to throw him out there every five games. Sometimes he excels and Greg is happy! Sometimes he sucks. Whatever.