08/24/2015 - Red Sox @ White Sox - 7:10 CDT - CSN

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 03:03 AM)
A team is nuts if they give him more than 12 or so a year.

Exactly. He's like those hacks the Royals pick up for a year like Volquez, Guthrie. He SHOULD be a 2-year 24 mill type guy or one year, 12 mill type guy (in today's baseball prices).

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 02:29 AM)
#WhiteSox, who have a .305 team OBP, tied for 23rd in MLB, came into the game with 55 outs on bases, 3rd most in MLB. Lg avg is 43.

https://twitter.com/CSNHayes/status/636000943713189888

Is Vince Coleman still first base coach? He obviously has no clue. And our 3B coach is a buffoon. That one game he cost the Sox was pretty big (at the time).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
Is Vince Coleman still first base coach? He obviously has no clue. And our 3B coach is a buffoon. That one game he cost the Sox was pretty big (at the time).

What about steverson. Still has his job after a horrible offensive year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)

Boston is first base coach not Coleman.

So is there even an incentive for the Sox to actually try and re-sign Samardzija at this point? He's shown he's nothing more than a middle of the rotation starter this year and he's going to be 31 next year.

I'm not sure I'd bother to offer him anything worth more than a QO on a annual basis for 3-4 years. Even with the current free agency market, that might be a fair deal for him given how poorly he's pitched this year.

If Samardzija actually wants to cash in, he should bet on himself and sign a one-year contract with the Sox or somebody. I guess it's possible the Sox will make the qualifying offer, and he'll accept it...or I could be wrong. He's terrible and I hope he's somewhere else next year.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
If Samardzija actually wants to cash in, he should bet on himself and sign a one-year contract with the Sox or somebody. I guess it's possible the Sox will make the qualifying offer, and he'll accept it...or I could be wrong. He's terrible and I hope he's somewhere else next year.

There's no way the Sox won't give him a QO. He's going to net us a comp pick. If he accepts, the $13-14 million he'll get is fair market value. If not, we get a draft pick. Win-win.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 10:15 PM)
There's no way the Sox won't give him a QO. He's going to net us a comp pick. If he accepts, the $13-14 million he'll get is fair market value. If not, we get a draft pick. Win-win.

If he accepts, it also means he's on the team next year. He better improve.