08/24/2015 - Red Sox @ White Sox - 7:10 CDT - CSN

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 10:16 PM)
If he accepts, it also means he's on the team next year. He better improve.

His peripherals aren't as bad as his ERA and with how bad the Sox defense is, I'm inclined to believe it. He might not be the guy we traded for, but $15 million for a #3 on a 1 year deal is something a lot of teams would covet in the current market.

Edited by chw42

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 04:20 AM)
His peripherals aren't as bad as his ERA and with how bad the Sox defense is, I'm inclined to believe it. He might not be the guy we traded for, but $15 million for a #3 on a 1 year deal is something a lot of teams would covet in the current market.

yes and he might go back to what he was..... it is and will be a great gamble.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 04:20 AM)

He's been garbage. His peripherals will always look decent because he doesn't walk anyone and strikes out a decent amount. He looks overmatched in the AL.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 04:22 AM)
Start the youth movement for the rest of the year. It's ok to give Eaton/Melky/Avi a day off once in a while for Trayce.

i would also throw in Jose A as well.

but the powers to be still thinks this team can make the WC.

QUOTE (Saufley @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 04:26 AM)
maybe our hitting coach should spend some time with him. By the way, is our hitting coach any good??

he made his rep with another team > Oak and did really good there.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
Another banner game.

and when one says no changes until the season ends is absurd!! I wish they were all gone after this year!! After what is going on with the north side team this is a nightmare!!

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 03:15 AM)
Is there any fan that likes Hawk saying "Kansas city Special"? Nobody likes it. Nobody.

Even I hate it and I worship Hawk.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 03:16 AM)
Jeff Samardzija leads MLB in hits allowed and earned runs allowed.

If that's true, he's one of the worst pitchers in baseball! And somebody is gonna pay him 18-24 mill a year because of his "name?" Professional sports and contracts just disgust me.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 03:22 AM)
Start the youth movement for the rest of the year. It's ok to give Eaton/Melky/Avi a day off once in a while for Trayce.

Amen brother. I wish they'd bring up Micah too and Davidson!! Play them. Why not??

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 03:23 AM)
At least we showed some fight in the 9th

Big deal with all due respect. We already know the team is good enough to win most nights. It just doesn't. the ONLY thing this team did well all year "team wise" is win extra inning games. FIRE ROBIN please!!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 10:41 PM)
If that's true, he's one of the worst pitchers in baseball! And somebody is gonna pay him 18-24 mill a year because of his "name?" Professional sports and contracts just disgust me.

It's true. I wouldn't post a fake stat :lol: but it is very sad. His ERA is lower than you'd think for someone who leads baseball in earned runs allowed, isn't it?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 03:45 AM)
It's true. I wouldn't post a fake stat :lol: but it is very sad. His ERA is lower than you'd think for someone who leads baseball in earned runs allowed, isn't it?

Yes. This kind of season should propel him to the one-year 9-10 mill a year territory so many hack pitchers find themselves in. Still he'll please some fan base this offseason when he signs. He still has a name. San Diego 4 years 80 million maybe? Dodgers 5 years 100 mill?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 10:45 PM)

True. I heard it on the postgame show.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 10:41 PM)
Amen brother. I wish they'd bring up Micah too and Davidson!! Play them. Why not??

Ask Robin and Cooper. Thompson is not only young, he's the hottest hitter on the team. And they won't play him regularly.

Honestly, they should be trying to move some of these players through waivers to open up more spots for September. Guys like Alexei really need to sit.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 12:53 AM)
Ask Robin and Cooper. Thompson is not only young, he's the hottest hitter on the team. And they won't play him regularly.

Honestly, they should be trying to move some of these players through waivers to open up more spots for September. Guys like Alexei really need to sit.

It's really frustrating how loyal they are. I'm starting to think it's just an insane blind spot towards sunk costs. KW had some quotes today in the Sun Times that I was just disgusted with. He's talking about how people come up to him in the street all the time and thank him for his efforts and how the Sox are always "all in".

Are you kidding me? What is "all in" about playing La Roche and Ramirez, two guys that are meaningless as soon as next year, over guys like Saladino (hey, try him at SS!) or letting Micah come up and get MLB AB even if it's at DH.

It's really frustrating but RV is just part and parcel of the upper management's problems. KW and JR control this s***. Hahn has influence, but for the most part it's the same as it ever was.