8/25 vs Boston Red Sox

flavum

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)
Who do you think gets called up? Does Anderson or Fulmer have a chance?

No, neither.

They might bring up Brad Penny as a favor. Other guys that have played for the Sox--Drabek, Carroll, Webb will come off the DL, Erik Johnson, Micah Johnson. Maybe Leury Garcia. Maybe Viciedo gets added. Smith or Brantly as a third catcher. Nothing too exciting.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 04:43 PM)
No, neither.

They might bring up Brad Penny as a favor. Other guys that have played for the Sox--Drabek, Carroll, Webb will come off the DL, Erik Johnson, Micah Johnson. Maybe Leury Garcia. Maybe Viciedo gets added. Smith or Brantly as a third catcher. Nothing too exciting.

I doubt Viciedo will. Already have an outfielder for right handed at bats. Plus you'd have to put him on the 40.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 04:45 PM)
I doubt Viciedo will. Already have an outfielder for right handed at bats. Plus you'd have to put him on the 40.

Yeah, they're at 38 now. They probably have some candidates to drop or put on the 60-day DL. Penny, Drabek, and Viciedo aren't on the 40-man. We'll see.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)
Who do you think gets called up? Does Anderson or Fulmer have a chance?

No, don't think either will get called up. I could see Montas, Wendleken (40 man decision), Brantly, Johnson, Webb (off the DL), and Leury.

I then can see them DFA Smith, Guerra and Carroll if need be.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 04:43 PM)
No, neither.

No for Brad Penny!! I don't believe this team at this stage needs to be doing any favors to veterans. Time to let the young guys play in September.