8/26 vs Boston Red Sox

flavum

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 09:38 PM)
Avi showing why he's a gigantic bust tonight. Can't touch a fastball above the belt. When's the last time him or Abreu pulled a fastball to LF for a homer?

Abreu a few days ago in Seattle, right?

Games such as tonight remind me why Quintana needs to be dealt before next season. Someone with value from the rotation has to be traded to improve this offense. Some flash in the pan FA wont do it, either.

Atleast we gained in the draft pic standing!

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
Games such as tonight remind me why Quintana needs to be dealt before next season. Someone with value has to be dealt to improve this offense. Some flash in the pan FA wont do it, either.

I agree Q needs traded, Sox are not winning right now with him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 09:38 PM)
Avi showing why he's a gigantic bust tonight. Can't touch a fastball above the belt. When's the last time him or Abreu pulled a fastball to LF for a homer?

Abreu is better when he drives the fastball to right.

When he tries to pull the fastballs he hits a lot of grounders to short.

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 10:21 PM)
The thing is if this team could have made a little winning streak they could have had a chance.

tonight is a reminder of how much of a failure the coaching staff is.

A game they really needed against a bad team.

And this is what they produce.

Boston lineup had a bunch of players that were not on the team in June. But they took 2 of 3.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
Boston lineup had a bunch of players that were not on the team in June. But they took 2 of 3.

I'm shocked people still think these games matter for the playoff hunt and that the Sox are going to win like 20 of 25 or some s*** and finish with 87 wins. Uh, that ship has sailed. This is a mediocre team at best.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
Games such as tonight remind me why Quintana needs to be dealt before next season. Someone with value from the rotation has to be traded to improve this offense. Some flash in the pan FA wont do it, either.

I hate that idea and wouldn't be necessary when they keep wasting money and trades for NL players whose value declines sharply when they put on that Sox uniform. Hopefully Hahn will be stingy trading Q. Let Shark go as well. No more mental midgets. Bring some more kids up.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 03:30 AM)
I hate that idea and wouldn't be necessary when they keep wasting money and trades for NL players whose value declines sharply when they put on that Sox uniform. Hopefully Hahn will be stingy trading Q. Let Shark go as well. No more mental midgets. Bring some more kids up.

trades for NL players.... :huh

but the signing of fa's who were nl players is another thing all together. lets see.

kendrys morales - another dh cost 8.5 mil per, 2 yr option 3

adam laroche - dh cost 12.5 avg mil per, 2 yr

i see whomever made the actual choice of getting them is this hahn doing??? bad management

Jeff Keppinger signed 2 yr 13 + mil

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 03:59 AM)
I'm shocked people still think these games matter for the playoff hunt and that the Sox are going to win like 20 of 25 or some s*** and finish with 87 wins. Uh, that ship has sailed. This is a mediocre team at best.

Seriously, nobody on this board thinks they are in contention for a WC. Grobstein laughs off any caller that suggests such an absurdity. I think it's worse than mediocre. I think it's a sub-par team. I would agree with anybody who calls it a "lousy team." I did see you said mediocre "at best" which is probably fair. AT BEST.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 05:39 AM)
Seriously, nobody on this board thinks they are in contention for a WC. Grobstein laughs off any caller that suggests such an absurdity. I think it's worse than mediocre. I think it's a sub-par team. I would agree with anybody who calls it a "lousy team." I did see you said mediocre "at best" which is probably fair. AT BEST.

at the trade deadline, i gave up hope..... but part of me still wants the sox to win every... freaking.... game.

baseball ends when the sox season is over. i then start looking at the draft and college players.