8/29 vs Seattle Mariners

flavum

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2015 -> 09:29 PM)
Is this a wraparound four game series where we can get swept? Or just three losses? Aren't we getting close to season-worst in terms of games below .500??

Good job Robin. Good job Coop. Good job hitting coach; I won't dignify using your name cause I forgot it.

Series started Thursday, Sox off Monday. Have won a game in this series.

Mark

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 29, 2015 -> 10:38 PM)
@JJStankevitz: The #WhiteSox were 49-51 when the trade deadline passed. With today's loss, they're 11-17 since.

So what many of us thought would happen....did happen.

Atleast we decided to hold onto Shark for a draf.......nothing.

Another move that when it happened looked good on paper but once again blew up in the faces of the Sox.

Kenny keeps pulling the strings on all these deals so I guess we should start calling him the 'puppet master.'

Mark

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 29, 2015 -> 09:33 PM)
Alexei swings 1-0 and Sanchez swings 3-1 in the rain is just dumb dumb baseball . The pitcher has to throw a ball that's hard to keep dry , he pitched last night , gave up hits the previous inning , walked LaRoche this inning and the ump isn't giving him the high strike. He's struggling and swinging just bailed him out in counts in the hitters favor. Yeesh ! Make him throw strikes !

Where is the coaching to tell them all that prior to the inning starting and after LaRoche walked on a high strike that wasn't called, same as Eaton the previous inning. Don't they have a take sign from the 3rd base coach ?

All 3 swings were out of the strike zone. Alexei's swing at 1-0 was on a ball high (that he popped up ) and the 2 by Sanchez on the 3-1 count were low and in. Strike 2 and 3 game over.

This is the kind of post that should be public, in a newspaper, or, at least reframed as a question to RV postgame. There were a couple of great 8th inning AB's, then they turned to mush in the 9th.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 29, 2015 -> 10:43 PM)
So what many of us thought would happen....did happen.

Atleast we decided to hold onto Shark for a draf.......nothing.

When we were 49-51 and a few games back of the WC, we should have either sold or bought. Standing pat was a terrible decision.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 04:38 AM)
@JJStankevitz: The #WhiteSox were 49-51 when the trade deadline passed. With today's loss, they're 11-17 since.

Watched the game on ROOT sports last night. The at bats by Ramirez and especially Sanchez were real bad. But, they are aggressive hitters and you can see how a pitcher will throw to them. I think with sanchez it's just inexperience. The Shark had 8 strikeouts and looked decent for a bit, however, another bad first inning and allowing home runs got us again. I just have a hard time with this first inning stuff from our pitchers. It looks like Smards average fastball speed is down too. I would like to know where our homerun power disappeared? We have a slow team ranking soemthing like 14th or 15th in the league in stolen bases and we strikeout quite a bit. In our park it would seem to be a better idea to have some power hitters. I don't see our young players filling that role either. Maybe Thompson can hit 15-20 when playing everyday I don't know.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
Some of you guys expect a lot out of your announcers. I like Swirsk tonight.

Just now he seemed to be enjoying telling that story to Swirsk. Seemed like he was OK with him.

Robin seems like an outstanding guy. He has to know the team has no chance with him in charge. If he is manager in April and loses the first 3 vs. KC again (which will happen, unless it's Detroit or Cleveland or Minnie we open with this time and lose 3 to them) it'll be the same ol s***ty season starting all over again. I think he'll agree to step down. He knows his teams are disgracefully bad and have no chance again vs. the Central Division teams.

Should we not expect a lot out of our announcers?

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
Come on man. One bat at-bat wipes away everything he's done for the past month or two?

He's been hitting pretty well lately.

Knack is just in MJ's nutcheese but doesn't realize the guy would be detrimental to the team outside of DHing.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 07:36 AM)
This is the kind of post that should be public, in a newspaper, or, at least reframed as a question to RV postgame. There were a couple of great 8th inning AB's, then they turned to mush in the 9th.

The coaches do not appear to be coaching and the manager does not appear to be managing. Are we the only ones that see what is happening here? Changes need to be made!!

I try not to complain too much but I have been a fan of this franchise for many years. In seventh grade I remember one of my teachers consoling me because the White Sox lost the World Series to the Dodgers.

2005 was a good year but there have been far too many not good years! This is one and I just hope changes are made, as I would love to see another championship team while I am still here.