8/30 Sox vs. Mariners Game Thread

Dunt

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 07:44 PM)
Well if you ever had a doubt what a team that mailed it in looks like, take a good look

Being at the game last night, it was the most lethargic I've ever seen a Sox team. From Samardzija's demeanor pre-game to hustling on/off the field between innings, it was pretty shocking.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
This team is simply awful. Might as well lose as many games as possible now.

Agreed. Another top 5-10 pick would be essential for this organization as well as drafting well during and afterwards.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 11:32 AM)
Not with his contract

His contract is pretty fair for a good third baseman (hard to find), he makes 10.5m next year, then it shoots to 19m for the next 4 seasons. The guy has hit 20+ homers every year since 2012 along with ~30 doubles and a positive UZR every year but 2012. At 28 years old going into next year it's not a bad contract. I don't know if the Mariners would shop him but I'm sure they'd kick in around 12M to bring his averages down to about 16M per year.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
Agreed. Another top 5-10 pick would be essential for this organization as well as drafting well during and afterwards.

5 games behind Oakland for the 7th pick. That would be the absolute best since the bottom 6 in the NL will be losing 90+.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
Well I give Q the benefit of the doubt because he's usually solid. s***mardzija... Not so much.

Danks>>>>>>>Smarj

NL player + losing organization = bad investment by the White Sox.

Solution - stop, please just stop