8/30 Sox vs. Mariners Game Thread

Dunt

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 10:16 PM)
It is too bad this team has been so good in extra innings. If it wasn't for the fluky extra inning record we would be in great shape for a really high draft choice.

It doesn't matter where you draft. You're going to get a good player allegedly in the top 15 picks. Who cares if they pick No. 4 vs No. 10. Not me.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice hit by Saladino to win it BTW. I still think he's a utility guy but I could see him getting a shot at second base, not third. In theory you need more pop in your third baseman and shortstop. However, baseball is becoming a game in which very few players can hit .300 so I don't know what to think about the future of the game. Maybe .240 will be considered "good."

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 10:38 PM)
So much wrong with this post

Yep, while there are no guarantees you have a much better chance of getting an impact player picking in the top 5 than in the 10-15 range. And winning games like this wouldn't bother me much if we were breaking in a lot of young talent but that just isn't the case.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 11:48 PM)
Yep, while there are no guarantees you have a much better chance of getting an impact player picking in the top 5 than in the 10-15 range. And winning games like this wouldn't bother me much if we were breaking in a lot of young talent but that just isn't the case.

Our rookies got a third of the at bats yesterday so yeah we are breaking in some young talent. I've rooted for the draft pick the last couple years but at this point it's more important we get positive indicators out of our rookies and know our situation better going forward.