9/2 at Minnesota Twins

flavum

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know the people's opinion of the Twins.

While they've impressed me compared to what I expected them to be, I'm not impressed with them overall I guess. I really don't understand how they're playing this well. It's nothing new how they get timely hits considering they've done that over the past decade plus. They don't hit for average very well, don't have a lot o power. What they do is they don't leave people on base. They are way ahead of 2nd place for least runners left on base this year. It's unbelievable. They have a lot of young talent obviously, I just don't believe they're worthy of a playoff spot. They only have 1 winning month record wise all season.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
There's a better chance that John Danks wins the Cy Young award next year than JR allowing Ventura to be fired.

I agree I hope they lose 50% of season ticket holders this winter. JR deserves it.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)
I want to know the people's opinion of the Twins.

While they've impressed me compared to what I expected them to be, I'm not impressed with them overall I guess. I really don't understand how they're playing this well. It's nothing new how they get timely hits considering they've done that over the past decade plus. They don't hit for average very well, don't have a lot o power. What they do is they don't leave people on base. They are way ahead of 2nd place for least runners left on base this year. It's unbelievable. They have a lot of young talent obviously, I just don't believe they're worthy of a playoff spot. They only have 1 winning month record wise all season.

The twins just play fundamental ball. They are not very good but they play defense, move runners over, and get their timely hits it seems.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 09:08 PM)
First order of business is finding a manager. Ventura has done nothing to deserve another year

Absolutely. Then we may have to do big prospect for hitting trade or Q for a bat. Kind of like the Royals did a couple years ago. This team needs to get better.