9/2 at Minnesota Twins

flavum

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lord chas @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 07:49 PM)
Oh well looks like the chances of a top ten pick are rising

While I have wavered back and forth on firing Ventura, I'm so wanting it right now. Not that I think these last few dreadful seasons are solely his fault but I'm sick to death of this lethargic team. Changes usually start at the top when things have been bad for awhile. Just fire him and let's start over.

I also hope they keep losing and better their pick situation but I'm real, real tired of that every season now. I'm pissed. Someone in the Sox front office needs to be as pissed.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 09:49 PM)
Ventura threw out a s*** lineup guys. It was hilariously bad.

Trace Thompson in vs. The LHP and Soto DHing. Isn't DHing Soto something Robin was an idiot not to do before? Oh and just for you, Alexei not in the line up. He does what you want and you still moan. lMAO.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
Trace Thompson in vs. The LHP and Soto DHing. Isn't DHing Soto something Robin was an idiot not to do before? Oh and just for you, Alexei not in the line up. He does what you want and you still moan. lMAO.

Saladino leading off. I don't need to say anything else.

Just my humble opinion--we can stop digging into every little decision about lineups and pitching changes. The coaching staff already has proven to be garbage over the last few years. They gotta go, and if they don't, well, they'll get what they deserve in the W-L columns next year, poor attendance, and low TV and radio ratings.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:08 PM)
It's call-up season, so who does Ventura/Cooper put into the lineup?

Gordon Beckham, everybody!

But no call-ups.

Forgot s***ty ass Beckham was in the line up.

So Beckham, Avi, Saladino

Yikes.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:11 PM)
Just my humble opinion--we can stop digging into every little decision about lineups and pitching changes. The coaching staff already has proven to be garbage over the last few years. They gotta go, and if they don't, well, they'll get what they deserve in the W-L columns next year, poor attendance, and low TV and radio ratings.

Listen, I try not to do often but the evidence is damning you don't bring back Ventura or his staff. Coop included. They just shat the bed this year.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:12 PM)
Forgot s***ty ass Beckham was in the line up.

So Beckham, Avi, Saladino

Yikes.

When it was pointed out to you when you insisted Alexei never play what was left to throw out there, you said Beckham would be fine. Your are a classic whiner.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
He had a hit. I just find it funny you complain when they do the things you want.

You cherry picking... So Ramirez is out. That's one change. What about the other changes I advocated?

Sad attempt DA.

Try again.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
When it was pointed out to you when you insisted Alexei never play what was left to throw out there, you said Beckham would be fine. Your are a classic whiner.

You're*

Beckham was 9th. I don't care about that. Saladino and Avi are both 9th hitters too. You can't have that many weak hitters in your line up and expect to win.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:17 PM)
You're*

Beckham was 9th. I don't care about that. Saladino and Avi are both 9th hitters too. You can't have that many weak hitters in your line up and expect to win.

If you don't care about Beckham batting 9th, you probably shouldn't have b****ed about him playing 5 minutes earlier.

You are funny, I will give you that.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:17 PM)
I can't bag on a manager for lineups when it sucks to begin with.

It is what it is. Ventura doesn't even bother managing. Saladino batting first was a telltale sign. Last season he batted f***ing Jordan Danks in the number one spot. Jordan f***ing Danks!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:19 PM)
If you don't care about Beckham batting 9th, you probably shouldn't have b****ed about him playing 5 minutes earlier.

You are funny, I will give you that.

I said, "I forgot s***ty Beckham was playing." Did I say Why was he playing? No I did not.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:22 PM)
I said, "I forgot s***ty Beckham was playing." Did I say Why was he playing? No I did not.

Doesn't matter, you have wanted him in if it meant Alexei was out, which is exactly what happened. Your wish came true and it still got a complaint from you.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)
Baseball stupidity here on display

I tuned into the game late and the first two Sox hitters I saw come to the plate were Flowers with a .218 avg. and then Beckham with a .200 avg.

Any valid reason the kids shouldn't be playing?? This is just depressing!!!