9-12-03 Gamethread....BoSox vs. ChiSox

Capn12

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly liked it alot at the time?  Did you not?    The wild card in this whole thing will be Neal Cotts.  We'll just see how he turns out.

I didn't. I always thought that Billy Koch was overrated. However, I expected that we were getting a good closer not this joke of a pitcher. Also, I felt that Manuel had lost confidence in Foulke and wasn't going to use him as a closer anymore.

I honestly liked it alot at the time.  Did you not?    The wild card in this whole thing will be Neal Cotts.  We'll just see how he turns out.

No Big Hurt I honsetly didn't like it at the time. Keith Foulke was always a favorite of mine and I saw him turn it around the 2nd half of 2002, but JM wouldn't use him in the closer role. I think that Keith will be a FA at the end of the year though. Maybe the KW/JM crew will swallow their pride and try and sign him.

I didn't.  I always thought that Billy Koch was overrated.  However, I expected that we were getting a good closer not this joke of a pitcher.  Also, I felt that Manuel had lost confidence in Foulke and wasn't going to use him as a closer anymore.

I do agree with you there. I accepted the trade thinking we had gotten a 44 save man and the justification given was legit sounding, hat being Fouke was going to be a FA.

Watching the NESN broadcast. They were just talking about how these 2 teams are 2 of the elite teams in baseball this season. And went on to talk about how it was "pitiful" that Koch was still in the game walking a run into score. Also had another knock on JM earlier during Wright's string of walks talking about the fact that there are only 16 games left and that once you see your starter has no control, YOU YANK HIM!!! Great to hear some announcers not on the Sox payroll talk about the STUPIDITY of JM. Obviously the majority of the blame goes to Koch and Wright, but neither of those guys can just walk off the field when they know that they don't have it tonight, it's up to JM to PUT/HAVE THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD!!! 10 walks by only 2 pitchers indicates that he left those 2 pitchers in the game WAY TOO LONG. I can't wait til this f***head is out the door. It's f***ing September 12th for christ's sake and this dips*** is managing like it's spring training. Let's just hope he puts in Miles, Willie, and Burke again tonight, they'll save the game!!!