And that's a White Sox Winner !

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

John Danks pitched his 3rd victory against KC this year as the Sox romped over the Royals 12-1.

Danks ran his record lifetime against KC to 10-2. Danks gave up 7 hits ,1 ER with 1BB and 5 K's.

Adam Eaton and Alexei Ramirez both went 4/5. Eaton had a double and a 3 run HR to go along with 2 singles while all of Alexei's hits were singles.

Tyler Flowers went 2/4 with his 9th HR , also a 3 runner.

Abreu was 2/5 with his 25th HR going back to back with Eaton in a 5 run 8th inning.

Tyler Saladino was 2/4 with 2 RBI and also made an outstanding play on a ground ball.

John Danks, baby!!! Who'd have thought he'd be this good so soon after major surgery? My favorite Sox by far.

Nice job, Tyler Flowers. I notice Tyler was choking up on the bat on his long home run. Not a bad idea, Tyler and other big leaguers. Still can hit it out if you choke up. It's not manly or cool to choke up, though, so most don't.

Good job, Eaton as well. Well, he's salvaging a nice season. Eaton next year just has to get off to a better start. He's put together a nice season and deserves credit but he has to do better next April/May.

Great win. Today's win was Sox first in Kauffman all year. Lot of frustration pent up. Would be nice to spoil one weekend of the asshole KC fans who are used to kicking our ass.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
John Danks, baby!!! Who'd have thought he'd be this good so soon after major surgery? My favorite Sox by far.

Nice job, Tyler Flowers. I notice Tyler was choking up on the bat on his long home run. Not a bad idea, Tyler and other big leaguers. Still can hit it out if you choke up. It's not manly or cool to choke up, though, so most don't.

Good job, Eaton as well. Well, he's salvaging a nice season. Eaton next year just has to get off to a better start. He's put together a nice season and deserves credit but he has to do better next April/May.

Great win. Today's win was Sox first in Kauffman all year. Lot of frustration pent up. Would be nice to spoil one weekend of the asshole KC fans who are used to kicking our ass.

Danks still isn't very good. He's to KC what Bruce Chen was to the White Sox, that's all.

QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 04:44 AM)
Good win, Danks pitched well once again against KC. Wish he would of gotten a shutout but a complete game is nice, his first this yr I think. I don't know if anyone has noticed but Lexi has his avg. up to .251 now. He's getting better as usual as the yr. goes on.

Yeah, I can't believe he ran through that stop sign on the single to left. He was safe by a mile. Weird how sometimes it works out.

QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 10:44 PM)
Good win, Danks pitched well once again against KC. Wish he would of gotten a shutout but a complete game is nice, his first this yr I think. I don't know if anyone has noticed but Lexi has his avg. up to .251 now. He's getting better as usual as the yr. goes on.

I cold be wrong but I thought he had a 10 hit shutout in May or June. It was an oddity getting the shutout while allowing 10 hits.

Got to give Danks credit here, he pitched a hell of a game last night. Seeing as how its likely the Sox and Shark bait part ways, the Sox are going to need Danks next year. More credit to Danks...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/danksjo01.shtml

He has improved each year since his surgery and seeing as how Danks is likely pitching for the Sox next year, he could be worth a comp pick at the end of the 2016 season. I know that's a bit far ahead, just trying to see a potential bright spot going forward after another bad season this year.

Well done Danks and Sox offense.

QUOTE (skooch @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 10:09 PM)
Here's a crazy thought, if you're the Blue Jays or the Yankees do you consider trying to add John Danks for a potential playoff match up against the Royals?

No.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 08:53 AM)
He has improved each year since his surgery and seeing as how Danks is likely pitching for the Sox next year, he could be worth a comp pick at the end of the 2016 season.

No.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 09:33 PM)
No.

No.

Wow, another expert analysis by Feeky. How about a round of applause as Feeky defies stats. Well done Feeky and where would we all be without you? Again, a very well thought out and inciteful post!

Can someone show me where the green is again? :booty

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 09:21 PM)
Wow, another expert analysis by Feeky. How about a round of applause as Feeky defies stats. Well done Feeky and where would we all be without you? Again, a very well thought out and inciteful post!

Can someone show me where the green is again? :booty

Well if you want more info, there's no way on earth that the White Sox are gonna offer John Danks a raise on what has been one of the worst contracts in baseball, all because he's had a very slightly better year than last, and ranks about 100th of the 120 pitchers to throw over 100 innings, using the best peripherals.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 12:41 AM)
He's not had an excellent season. He's a good option at 4/5 back end of the rotation.

He has not had an excellent season but he has had a very good second half. Depending on trades he could be our #3 ( by default) going into next year

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 09:03 AM)
Well if you want more info, there's no way on earth that the White Sox are gonna offer John Danks a raise on what has been one of the worst contracts in baseball, all because he's had a very slightly better year than last, and ranks about 100th of the 120 pitchers to throw over 100 innings, using the best peripherals.

Danks has yet to pitch the 2016 season and you do not work in the Sox FO so you know this how?

Danks has improved while Samardzija has regressed and yet Samardzija likely receives a QO at season's end. All I'm saying is if Danks continues to improve he will get a QO after the 2016 season. By then he will be 31, a FA and likey seeking a 3-4 year deal like any other FA pitcher at that age would seek because they want the security of a long term contract (3-4 years). There's little danger that Danks would actually accept the QO.

Now, if Danks regresses in 2016, the Sox simply walk away when his current contract expires.

Regardless, imo, 2016 will be Danks last season in a Sox uniform no matter how he pitches.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 12:40 AM)
I Know I should be cheering for us to lose right now for draft position, but f*** the Royals, I'll always root for beating them.

Getting a high draft pick this year is all well and good, but I also want this team to get some mojo against the Royals and hopefully carry it into next year.