9/9/15- Cleveland @ Sox- 7:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 10:13 AM)
Coming off a nice win which improved my 2015 game thread record to something like 2-9, the Sox look to score 5+ runs in order to have the slightest chance of winning with Samardzija on the mound.

Samardzija should start pitching better now. He's going to be a free agent after all.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 04:23 PM)
Give Saladino ABs sure; but at the two hole?

And Robin should be brought back because?

I was going to make a joke about how much we've outplayed our run differential, but the disparity there isn't actually that big anymore.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 04:49 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 3m3 minutes ago

Saladino at 3B today but Olt figures to get most of time there down stretch, Ventura said.

WHY?!

QUOTE (Dunt @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 11:11 PM)
WHY?!

As I said last night, this is a good thing for the organization. Means they have higher expectations from their starters next year than what Saladino would likely provide. He has all the makings of a utility player.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 06:12 PM)
As I said last night, this is a good thing for the organization. Means they have higher expectations from their starters next year than what Saladino would likely provide. He has all the makings of a utility player.

Exactly. They're trying to figure out if they have anything with Olt...probably not, but we'll see. They know Saladino profiles as a utility guy. And at the same time, they want to know if they should give up on Davidson. Playing Olt the majority makes more sense.

Thing is, they already had an ally in their minor league system and atleast Saladino provides elite defense. I'm assuming that means that Micah stands no chance of being with this team next season then.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Sep 10, 2015 -> 12:20 AM)
Thing is, they already had an ally in their minor league system and atleast Saladino provides elite defense. I'm assuming that means that Micah stands no chance of being with this team next season then.

very high odds he's traded, it seems

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 07:31 PM)
When guys have an off-year in a White Sox uniform, they don't just regress slightly, they fall off a cliff. So annoying.

I know. The number of guys that fall into that category is astounding. Swisher, Dunn, LaRoche, Samardzija, Keppinger, Bonifacio, etc. The list goes on and on and on.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 07:31 PM)
When guys have an off-year in a White Sox uniform, they don't just regress slightly, they fall off a cliff. So annoying.

They often come from losing organizations and only have to worry about playing for a new contract. There's no pressure in August and Sept.