9/9/15- Cleveland @ Sox- 7:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
Trayce gets an initial bad read but makes up for it with his athleticism. Also with every run Samardzija gives up it makes me more worried he won't get signed until after next year's draft. That ERA won't stop rising.

The answer is simple: cut bait on the guppy. The expected 2.5 WAR from the draft pick over the course of his career simply is not worth the very good chance that Shark accepts the QO.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 09:10 PM)
Samardzija next year if he signs with us:

8-12, 5.00 ERA, 4.25 FIP, 195 IP, 168 K

If he signs elsewhere:

16-7, 3.34 ERA, 3.05 FIP, 214 IP, 200 K

You've predicted that when he picks up his QO that he'll improve his K-rate. That's surprisingly positive out of those numbers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 08:12 PM)
You've predicted that when he picks up his QO that he'll improve his K-rate. That's surprisingly positive out of those numbers.

Well, from 7 to 7.75 K/9. Just means he'd strike out more batters but still have an almost identical ERA.

Quite a few ND fans that I talk to online warmed me about this guy and I said whatever as long as he performs I don't really care if he's a massive douche. Well, apparently not only can he not perform on the field he also loves to ogle the fans' wives that sit behind the dugout at the Cell. That was the report I read on a UM football board from a ND fan that posts there. This was back in August.

What a dick this guy is just get him out of here.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 08:15 PM)
Melky probably can't wait for this season to end. Really awful beginning and end to the season for him .

Noticed that the other day. He has really been garbage for the last 1-1.5 months

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 09:16 PM)
Well, from 7 to 7.75 K/9. Just means he'd strike out more batters but still have an almost identical ERA.

I've just been on the kick all year of saying "that huge drop in K rate from last year is really going to hurt him eventually" and then August hit. That's one of the several big parts of why he's so bad this year, so an improvement in K rate, to me, would mean you'd expect him to pitch better. But anyway.

Melky was an awful signing. His career numbers were nothing special anyway and a decline is no surprise.

What I don't understand is why Ventura coddles him and DHs Garcia, the younger player who needs the work.

Ventura probably thinks Melky is the better player.

Shark is a fly ball pitcher. Don't know why the Sox wanted him so much, irrespective of his deterioration.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
I've just been on the kick all year of saying "that huge drop in K rate from last year is really going to hurt him eventually" and then August hit. That's one of the several big parts of why he's so bad this year, so an improvement in K rate, to me, would mean you'd expect him to pitch better. But anyway.

Well, I wouldn't say his bad pitching this year is entirely due to strikeouts. I think it's mostly his command.

Anyway, it wouldn't be a drastic spike in his K/9. It would still be subpar by his (former) standards.