Sox giving away "Stretch" Sale Figures on Oct 3

knightni

QUOTE (DaveBrown85 @ Sep 10, 2015 -> 07:12 PM)
No, it says you're from Pittsburgh.

But in reality. Do you think the White Sox think this will make more people come?

Oakland is a neighborhood in Pittsburgh, that was a test to see if you actually knew the area or were just making a a joke I didn't get.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 08:31 AM)
Yes. I think it will

Hard to tell.

I am guessing maybe a few more, but not that many. I am gonna try to get some extra, just cause it is unique.

Before this year, I would have told you that all the bobblehead games would be well attended. That it would be a tough get. I was completely wrong. I thought the '05 stuff would bring the people out, but it really didn't. Sans two days - Pauly statue day and Ring day.

Nothing replaces the W's, that is for sure. I see this promotion as more of a reward for showing up to one of the last games of a forgettable season.

QUOTE (My_Sox_Summer @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 12:28 PM)
I thought the '05 stuff would bring the people out, but it really didn't.

Team performance aside, I think the organization overestimated the attraction/draw of the 2005 team. Many people scratched their 2005 itch at SoxFest, and if you went to the ring giveaway game of the reunion weekend, you were able to see everyone at once so no need to go to the other games. The Chicago Theatre event was expensive and, if I recall, about half-empty.

• 3 weeks later...