9/11 vs Minnesota Twins

flavum

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ho hum. The usual Central Division suspects own us. Plouffe has been a thorn before. Just like Rayburn, etc. If I were Jerry, I'd have a meeting with Robin, Hahn and KW and ask them their plan to become competitive in the Central again. I have a feeling our advance scouts aren't helping much, but we get beat by the same guys way too often.

I mean, Robin is gonna be back and there's no reason to believe any of this is gonna change next season.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 03:07 AM)
You mean like if Avi didn't rob a grand slam? Overall, this was an awful game. No one besides Olt played well.

And Olt is fool's gold. IMO if he gets the job next year it'll have the same outcome as Gillaspie, midseason release.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 09:56 PM)
Why would anyone buy season tickets for a team that can never win a meaningful game against a division rival?

Hahn has never fixed the second lefty issue either...Jennings was garbage most of this season.

They need to find a way to determine if a player is a mental midget. Too much choke, need more clutch.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 03:51 AM)
Another mental midget performance by the pen. They seem to get the idea of playing for a better draft pick.

Yeah. Robertson is back to not getting many save opportunities. This pen, as it turned out, would have been a major problem in September if the Sox actually had been in WC contention. It might behoove the Sox to convert some of these top draft picks into reliable relievers. In this day and age having a couple good setup guys is almost as important as starters.

Sox really have nobody reliable back there except Robertson (sort of, pretty much). The rest of those guys are un-reliable at best.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
They need to find a way to determine if a player is a mental midget. Too much choke, need more clutch.

I've found that guys who are "mental midgets" are generally poor at baseball fundamentals and simply don't know how to play the game.

The Sox have them by the bushel full. Which explains a lot to me.

Again it comes back to accountability. There is very little showing in this franchise right now.

I understand you can't fine players for doing stupid things and not executing like Richards, Lopez and Stanky could do but you sure can bench guys, or send them back down to the minor leagues.

Instead we get another game where guys like Ramirez, LaRoche and Melky are in the lineup instead of kids who need seasoning and to see what they can do.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 04:03 AM)
I've found that guys who are "mental midgets" are generally poor at baseball fundamentals and simply don't know how to play the game.

Again it comes back to accountability. There is very little showing in this franchise right now.

I understand you can't fine players for doing stupid things and not executing like Richards, Lopez and Stanky could do but you sure can bench guys, or send them back down to the minor leagues.

Instead we get another game where guys like Ramirez, LaRoche and Melky are in the lineup instead of kids who need seasoning and to see what they can do.

Mark

Lip Man is a wise man. He speaketh the truth. LaRoche's pop ups are growing mighty annoying. Melky just blows. Horrible acquisition of a guy whose power is gone.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 11:03 PM)

Mark

I believe there is a point of no return if you draft guys with deficiencies on how to play baseball. If they can't catch a baseball how is that going to improve at this level. They also need to stop getting free agents where Sept. is a relaxing time of year.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 01:03 AM)
I believe there is a point of no return if you draft guys with deficiencies on how to play baseball. If they can't catch a baseball how is that going to improve at this level. They also need to stop getting free agents where Sept. is a relaxing time of year.

Jones was outstanding on his return but he has really come back to earth.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 03:21 PM)
Dude just started to pitching after a year off. He'll be fine.

i do not know if he would be fine or not.

however lets look at this, this way, he was off for a while to an injury. he is going to get reps to get in this game shape people talk about.

this is a free pass for him until next spring training. then i would imagine he would be under the microscope, as the old cliche goes.

anyone not every RP / CL is going to be successful every time out.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 11:03 PM)

Mark

and we won't find answers next spring training because our spring trainings are a joke.